Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send custom email notification

keeplearning
New Contributor II

I am using the edit notification in databricks to send email notification in case of workflow failure or success. How can I add additional information to this report for example if I want to notify about number of rows got processed or added how can I do this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Rohit Kapoor​ If you want more control over notifications I'd check out Alerts in DB SQL. You can set custom Alert Destinations and create SQL queries for fine-grained control. For example, you can jobs to schedule a DLT pipeline to run and then trigger an alert right after to send an email with how many rows were processed or how many rows failed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RKNutalapati
Valued Contributor

Hi @Rohit Kapoor​ :

There is a new format for job emails, this can be enabled from Admin console -> Workspace settings

imageI think any additional information apart from above image can be appended to the error message in catch block of your program.

Another option is to implement a function to send mails, so you can customize your message and send it on success/ failure.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

RKNutalapati

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Rohit Kapoor​ If you want more control over notifications I'd check out Alerts in DB SQL. You can set custom Alert Destinations and create SQL queries for fine-grained control. For example, you can jobs to schedule a DLT pipeline to run and then trigger an alert right after to send an email with how many rows were processed or how many rows failed.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rohit Kapoor​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Rama Krishna N​ and @Landan George​​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.