Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

youssefmrini
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Dataricks asset bundles is now Public preview

Databricks asset bundles, now in Public Preview, enable end-to-end data, analytics, and ML projects to be expressed as a collection of source files. This makes it simpler to apply data engineering best practices such as source control, code review, t...

Warehousing & Analytics
CICD
MachineLearning
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
avrm91
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Will a Databricks Asset Bunldes (DAB) implementation take place in the cloud (Browser - Workspace)?Personally, I work on a developer VM in a closed network where it is very difficult to install software (Databricks CLI) because it has to be requested...

• 1 kudos
Billycheng
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Message when Creating Catalog

I am very new to DB. Can someone show me how to resolve the error below please? Assistant  The error message you're encountering indicates that when creating a catalog, you need to specify a managed storage location for it. This is a requirement in o...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
niklaus
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Warehousing & Analytics play a pivotal role in modern business strategies, enabling organizations to store, manage, and analyze vast amounts of data. By leveraging advanced analytics tools cable and internet packages directv within warehouse environm...

• 0 kudos
Linglin
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Add Visualization in Notebook to Dashboard, how to set default add to Dashboard Bottom

I'm creating dashboard with multiple visualizations from a notebook.Whenever I add a new visualization, the default position in dashboard is top left which mess up all the format I did for previous graph. Is there a way to default add to the bottom o...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Linglin
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@shan_chandra I'm using Lakeview dashboard. In dbx notebook, there is Add to dashboard > button on the right of each visualization. It's super handy. Actually I have this issue solved. 

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Sudheer2
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Updating SQL Warehouse using Terraform

Manual ApproachWe can Update SQL Warehouse manually in Databricks.Click SQL Warehouses in the sidebarIn Advanced optionsWe can find Unity Catalog toggle button there! While Updating Existing SQL Warehouse in Azure to enable unity catalog using terraf...

warehouse error.png
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Sudheer2
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hello Raphael,Thank you for the update and for looking into the feature request. I appreciate your efforts in following up on this matter.If possible, could you please provide me with any updates or insights you receive from the Terraform team regard...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
harripy
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AWS Databricks SQL to support TABLE rename

We have been evaluating Databricks SQL and its capability to be used as DW. We are using Unity catalog in our implementation.There seems to be a functionality mismatch between Azure and AWS versions as where table rename is supported on Azure side, i...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
harripy
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

This seems to be fixed now

• 0 kudos
Billycheng
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuotaExceeded

Hi, I am a newbie. Can someone please help me with the below? Details for the latest failure: Error: Error code: QuotaExceeded, error message: Operation could not be completed as it results in exceeding approved standardEDSv4Family Cores quota. Addit...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Elenorelen
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for the information

• 0 kudos
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Cache

SQL serverless now use cache even after termination thanks to the remote cache. You can benefit from 1 min auto-termination when still utilizing cache benefits.

remote_cache.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
AWRIGHT
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Silver layer when tracking SCD2

HiI’m new to data modelling so could use some help.I’m building a personal project using a fairly standard 3NF sales database as the source data. So far I have a pipeline that incrementally extracts data from the source system each day into a Raw sto...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
koushiknpvs
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

This is what my medallion architecture looks like - 1) Bronze Layer - append raw data.2) Silver Layer, reflect current(active) data and I do business logic transformations. The Silver layer should serve as your cleaned and transformed staging area. H...

• 2 kudos
bradleyjamrozik
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ODBC Connection Does Not Disconnect

I have an on-premises Power BI Report Server that uses the Simba Spark ODBC Driver (2.8) to connect to Databricks. It can connect to a serverless warehouse successfully and run its queries, but it never seems to disconnect the session, and so the war...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
bradleyjamrozik
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

It's working sometimes. Only correlation I have found so far is that a successful query will disconnect as expected but any error will keep the connection to the warehouse open indefinitely. 

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
KrzysztofPrzyso
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

exposing RAW files using read_files based views, partition discovery and skipping, performance issue

Hi,As a formal requirement in my project I need to keep original, raw (mainly CSVs and XMLs) files on the lake. Later on they are being ingested into Delta format backed medallion stages, bronze, silver, gold etc.From the audit, operations and discov...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @KrzysztofPrzyso, It sounds like you’re dealing with an interesting challenge related to performance and data organization in your Azure Databricks environment. Let’s break down the issues you’ve mentioned and explore potential solutions: Scan...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
RobertAnderson6
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Support for JDBC tables in SQL endpoint.

Hello,I'm wondering if there's a method or workaround to execute JDBC table queries in a similar manner to other cluster types. Currently, attempting to do so results in an error stating that only text-based files (such as JSON, Parquet, Delta, etc.)...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
adurand-accure
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Could you explain more what you are trying to achieve ? 

• 0 kudos
shanebo425
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Grant Unity Catalog Access without Workspace Access

We have created a Unity Catalog instance on top of our Lakehouse (built entirely with Azure Databricks). We are using Power BI to develop and serve our analytics and reporting needs. I've granted the "Account Users" group the appropriate privileges f...

Warehousing & Analytics
Databricks
permissions
Unity Catalog
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shanebo425
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for explaining this! This doesn't do exactly what I was hoping—it doesn't block all access to the workspace. Users can still login and access their own workspace and run SQL queries, explore the catalog, etc. But they ARE blocked from accessin...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
DataFarmer
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Data Warehouse in Databricks Date values as date or int: what is recommended?

In  relational data warehouse systems it was best practise to represent date values as YYYYMMDD integer type values in tables. Date comparison could be done easily without using date-functions and with low performance impact.Is this still the recomme...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @DataFarmer I Databricks I will advise you to use date type instead of int, this will make your life much simpler while working on the date type data.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
JustinM
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Cannot connect to SQL Warehouse using JDBC connector in Spark

When trying to connect to a SQL warehouse using the JDBC connector with Spark the below error is thrown. Note that connecting directly to a cluster with similar connection parameters works without issue, the error only occurs with SQL Warehouses.py4j...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jmms
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Same error here, I am trying to save spark dataframe to Delta lake using JDBC driver and pyspark using this code:#Spark session spark_session = SparkSession.builder \ .appName("RCT-API") \ .config("spark.metrics.namespace", "rct-a...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Kroy
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Not able to create SQL warehouse cluster in free subscription

I have taken a free subscription to azure databricks, but when try to create 2x small warehouse clusture, getting below error, help appreciated. 

Kroy_0-1702694045718.png
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
TimJB
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Can somebody please answer this? I'm having the same issue. 

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors