Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Benedetta
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What happened to the ephemeral notebook links????? and the job ids????

Hey Databricks,      Why did you remove the ephemeral notebook links and job Ids from the parallel runs? This has created a huge gap for us. We can no longer view the ephemeral notebooks, and also the Jobids are missing from the output. Waccha doing?...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Benedetta
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi Kaniz,    It's funny you mention these things - we are doing some of those - the problem now is that the JobId is obscured from the output meaning we can't tell which ephemeral notebook goes with which JobId.  It looks like the ephemeral notebook ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
FelipeRegis
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to access data registered in Unity Catalog using Simba ODBC driver

Hi folks, I'm working on a project with Databricks using Unity Catalog and a connection to SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).My team is trying to access data registered in Unity Catalog using Simba ODBC driver version 2.8.0.1002. They mentioned ...

odbc_driver_unity_catalog_issue.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @FelipeRegis, It seems you’re encountering issues with accessing data registered in Unity Catalog using the Simba ODBC driver. Let’s explore some possible solutions: Delta Lake Native Connector: Consider using Delta Lake’s native Delta JDBC/OD...

• 0 kudos
Benedetta
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What happened to the JobIds in the parallel runs (again)????

Hey Databricks,      Why did you take away the jobids from the parallel runs? We use those to identify which output goes with which run. Please put them back.Benedetta 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Benedetta,  Thank you for reaching out. I understand your concern regarding the jobids in parallel runs. I will look into this matter and get back to you with more information as soon as possible.

• 0 kudos
dm7
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT CDC/SCD - Taking the latest ID per day

Hi I'm creating a DLT pipeline which uses DLT CDC to implement SCD Type 1 to take the latest record using a datetime column which works with no issues:@dlt.view def users(): return spark.readStream.table("source_table") dlt.create_streaming_table(...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @dm7, Thank you for providing the details of your DLT pipeline and the desired outcome! It looks like you’re trying to implement a Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) Type 2 behaviour where you want to capture historical changes over time. Let’s br...

• 0 kudos
BenCCC
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing R packages for a customer docker container for compute

Hi,I'm trying to create a customer docker image with some R packages re-installed. However, when I try to use it in a notebook, it can't seem to find the installed packages. The build runs fine.FROM databricksruntime/rbase:14.3-LTS## update system li...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @BenCCC, Here are a few things you can check: Package Installation in Dockerfile: In your Dockerfile, you’re using the RUN R -e 'install.packages(...)' command to install R packages. While this approach works, there are alternative methods th...

• 0 kudos
Databricks_S
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

issue related to Cluster Policy

Hello Databricks Community,I am currently working on creating a Terraform script to provision clusters in Databricks. However, I've noticed that by default, the clusters created using Terraform have the policy set to "Unrestricted."I would like to co...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Walter_C
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello, many thanks for your question, on the cluster creation template there is an optional setting called policy_id, this id can be retrieved from the UI, if you go under Compute > Policies > Select the policy you want to set.By default if the user ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
egndz
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cluster Memory Issue (Termination)

Hi,I have a single-node personal cluster with 56GB memory(Node type: Standard_DS5_v2, runtime: 14.3 LTS ML). The same configuration is done for the job cluster as well and the following problem applies to both clusters:To start with: once I start my ...

egndz_2-1712845742934.png egndz_1-1712845616736.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @egndz, It seems like you’re dealing with memory issues in your Spark cluster, and I understand how frustrating that can be. Initial Memory Allocation: The initial memory allocation you’re observing (18 GB used + 4.1 GB cached) is likely a com...

• 0 kudos
DavidKxx
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't create branch of public git repo

Hi,I have cloned a public git repo into my Databricks account.  It's a repo associated with an online training course.  I'd like to work through the notebooks, maybe make some changes and updates, etc., but I'd also like to keep a clean copy of it. M...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi DavidKxx, You can clone public remote repositories without Git credentials (a personal access token and a username). To modify a public remote repository or to clone or modify a private remote repository, you must have a Git provider username and...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
groch_adam
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Usage of SparkMetric_CL, SparkListenerEvent_CL and SparkLoggingEvent_CL

I am wondering If can retrieve any information from Azure Log Analytics custom tables (already set) for Azure Databricks. Would like to retrieve information about query and data performance for SQL Warehouse Cluster. I am not sure If I can get it fro...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @groch_adam, Retrieving information from Azure Log Analytics custom tables for Azure Databricks is possible.   Let me guide you through the process. Azure Databricks Monitoring Library: To send application logs and metrics from Azure Databric...

• 0 kudos
liormayn
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Error while encoding: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.util.GenericArrayDa

Hello:)we are trying to run an existing working flow that works currently on EMR, on databricks.we use LTS 10.4, and when loading the data we get the following error:at org.apache.spark.api.python.BasePythonRunner$WriterThread.run(PythonRunner.scala:...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @liormayn, It seems you’re encountering an issue related to the schema of your data when running your existing workflow on Databricks. Let’s explore some potential solutions: Parquet Decimal Columns Issue: The error message you’re seeing might...

• 3 kudos
hugodscarvalho
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Private PyPI Mirror Package Dependencies Installation

I'm encountering an issue with the installation of Python packages from a Private PyPI mirror, specifically when the package contains dependencies and the installation is on Databricks clusters - Cluster libraries | Databricks on AWS. Initially, ever...

Community Discussions
Artifactory
Databricks clusters
Dependency resolution
Installation issues
Private PyPI mirror
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @hugodscarvalho, It’s frustrating when package installation issues crop up, especially when dealing with dependencies in complex projects. Let’s explore some potential solutions to address this inconsistency in your Databricks cluster installat...

• 0 kudos
afdadfadsfadsf
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Databricks model serving endpoint in Azure DevOps yaml

Hello,I need to create and destroy a model endpoint as part of CI/CD. I tried with mlflow deployments create-endpoint, giving databricks as --target however it errors saying that --endpoint is not a known argument when clearly --endpoint is required....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @afdadfadsfadsf, Creating and managing model endpoints as part of your CI/CD pipeline is essential for deploying machine learning models. I can provide some guidance on how to set up a CI/CD pipeline using YAML in Azure DevOps. You can adapt th...

• 0 kudos
scottbisaillon
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Running Jobs and Terraform

What happens to a currently running job when a workspace is deployed again using Terraform? Are the jobs paused/resumed, or are they left unaffected without any down time? Searching for this specific scenario doesn't seem to come up with anything and...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @scottbisaillon, When deploying a workspace again using Terraform, the behaviour regarding currently running jobs depends on the specific Terraform version and the platform you are using.   Let’s explore the details: Terraform Cloud (form...

• 0 kudos
TinasheChinyati
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stream to stream join NullPointerException

I have a DLT pipeline running in continous mode. I have a stream to stream join which runs for the first 5hrs but then fails with a Null Pointer Exception. I need assistance to know what I need to do to handle this. my code is structured as below:@dl...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @TinasheChinyati, It looks like you’re encountering a Null Pointer Exception in your DLT pipeline when performing a stream-to-stream join. Let’s break down the issue and explore potential solutions: The error message indicates that the query te...

• 0 kudos