Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

temporary tables or dataframes,

We have to generate over 70 intermediate tables. Should we use temporary tables or dataframes, or should we create delta tables and truncate and reload? Having too many temporary tables could lead to memory problems. In this situation, what is the mo...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
_raman_
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal Error : report

I'm getting tis error while running any cell in notebook. On the top middle it is coming like this. "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot redefine property: googletagReload the page and try again. If the error persists, contact support. Reference error code: 7...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @_raman_ , Which DBR are you facing this issue? Most likely the issue is related to this: https://github.com/shadcn-ui/ui/issues/2837 If you are having this issue might be because of some browserextension. A quick test to confirm this theory is to...

• 0 kudos
amit_jbs
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

In databricks deployment .py files getting converted to notebooks

A critical issue has arisen that is impacting our deployment planning for our client. We have encountered a challenge with our Azure CI/CD pipeline integration, specifically concerning the deployment of Python files (.py). Despite our best efforts, w...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Dazza
Visitor
  • 1 kudos

Experiencing a similar issue that we are looking to resolve except the files are .sql. We have a process that has 1 orchestration notebook , calling multiple .sql files. These .sql files are being converted to regular databricks notebooks when deploy...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
jdm
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't setup dbt with streaming tables

Hey community,i'm struggling integrate Delta Live Tables and dbt with one another.Basically i'm trying to complete this tutorial. https://www.databricks.com/blog/delivering-cost-effective-data-real-time-dbt-and-databricksSome further information:Crea...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jdm
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

i forgot to add this further discription, sorryi added the linked github repo to my databricks workspace, successfully ran the helper notebook and created a job which runs a dbt task based on the dbt project contained in the GitHub.This task complete...

• 0 kudos
dhanshri
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking File Arrivals in Nested Folders Using Databricks File Arrival Trigger

Hi Team,I'm currently exploring a file arrival trigger with Data-bricks, but my data is organized into nested folders representing various sources. For instance: source1  |-- file1       |-- file.csv  |-- file2       |-- file.csv   My goal is to dete...

Community Discussions
Azure Databricks
Databricks
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
adriennn
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Kaniz did a LLM Bot write the above response for you? You link to a Stackoverflow post which uses Azure Data Factory, and you text contains concepts which do not apply to Databricks ("Use a lookup activity or a Get Metadata Activity to fetch the fil...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Hp3
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hiring Databricks Data Architect roles

Hi,I am a recruiter and I am looking for places to post some data bricks I have coming out. I have several fully remote, high-level data databricks, architect roles. Of course I will post to LinkedIn, but I was just curious if there are any other pla...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
tomos_phillips1
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

GeoPandas Insall

hi,I cannot install geopandas in my notebook, ive tried all different forms of generic fix, pip installs etc but always get this error:CalledProcessError: Command 'pip --disable-pip-version-check install geopandas' returned non-zero exit status 1.---...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
vbvasa
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@tomos_phillips1 @shan_chandra Got the below init script from Databricks Support. Worked for us in Databricks AWS Env.dbutils.fs.put("/databricks/scripts/libinstall.sh","""#!/bin/bashsudo rm -r /var/lib/apt/lists/* sudo apt clean && sudo apt update -...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
hugodscarvalho
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Private PyPI Mirror Package Dependencies Installation

I'm encountering an issue with the installation of Python packages from a Private PyPI mirror, specifically when the package contains dependencies and the installation is on Databricks clusters - Cluster libraries | Databricks on AWS. Initially, ever...

Community Discussions
Artifactory
Databricks clusters
Dependency resolution
Installation issues
Private PyPI mirror
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Kushal12345
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

DataBricks Certification Exam Got Suspended. Require support for the same.

Hello Team, I encountered Pathetic experience while attempting my 1st DataBricks certification. Abruptly, Proctor asked me to show my desk, after showing he/she asked multiple times.. wasted my time and then suspended my exam, saying I have exceeded ...

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

@Sakshii Thank you for logging a ticket with the support team. All suspensions must go through the support team for resolution, and they will get back to you. Please make sure to check your spam folder for their response. Thanks for your patience wit...

• 1 kudos
10 More Replies
dataVaughan
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notebook Dashboard to html to pdf issues

I have created a dashboard using the notebook dashboard interface, rather than the SQL warehouse dashboards. This means that the tables and visualizations on the dashboard, as well as the dashboard itself, are directly tied to a notebook and the outp...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@dataVaughan  - you can use the Lakeview dashboard which can provide an URL that is shareable outside of the Databricks workspace.  https://www.databricks.com/blog/announcing-public-preview-lakeview-dashboards In your current scenario, you can clone ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
sai_sathya
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

fetching metadata for tables in a database stored in unity catalogue

Hi everyoneiam trying to fetch the metadata of every columns from an table and every tables from the database under an catalogue for that iam trying to use the samples catalogue that provided by databricks and get details for tpch database that provi...

sai_sathya_0-1713277488517.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@sai_sathya  - you can use DESCRIBE EXTENDED command to get the metadata of the given table. Also, you can query the information_schema.columns within your UC catalog to check the column details of a given table.

• 0 kudos
Ruby8376
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks sql API <- Delta tables

We have an integration flow where we want to expose databricks data for querying through odata(webapp). For this piecedatabricks sql API <- Delta tables :2 questions here:1. can you share link/documentation on how we can integrate databricks <-delta ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ruby8376 - can you please review the similar posts where the resolution is provided  https://community.databricks.com/t5/warehousing-analytics/databricks-sql-restful-api-to-query-delta-table/td-p/8617 https://www.databricks.com/blog/2023/03/07/da...

• 0 kudos