DAIS 2023

Attending DAIS Summit 2023 for trainings on Databricks Lakehouse Platform 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @digger_fresh_03, Thank you for sharing your experience from DAIS Summit 2023! We're thrilled to hear that you found the training on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform valuable. We appreciate your attendance and are excited to announce that the Dat...

• 0 kudos
Anette
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

First time at Data and AI summit

My first time at the summit. I am excited about the progress on LLM and meating other people using data bricks for ML!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Anette, That's great to hear! It sounds like you had a rewarding experience at the summit. Meeting other professionals and learning about the latest advancements in LLM must have been incredibly valuable. I wanted to let you know that the Databri...

• 0 kudos
shahebaj
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

2023 AI+Data Summit

Hello Everyone,I'm here to learn about technology advancements and how they can help my company. Keynotes were great and learned lot of things through breakout sessions and looking forward to giving back to the community 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @shahebaj, We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience at DAIS 2023 and your eagerness to give back to the community! Your participation and engagement are what make events like DAIS so valuable. We appreciate your support and look forwa...

• 0 kudos
Hyperparam42
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

multi-cloud data streaming talk today at Data + AI Summit 2023

The talk highlighted the benefits of using an open data lake for unified batch and streaming workloads and showcased features like Autoloader for data discovery, streaming triggers for seamless switching, and streaming aggregation for incremental com...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Hyperparam42,  Thank you for sharing your experience and insights from the Data + AI Summit 2023! We're thrilled to hear that you found the talk on multicloud data streaming to be enlightening. We wanted to let you know that the Databricks Commun...

• 0 kudos
dy
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Great Conference!!

Great Conference, it was cool learning about creating my own LLM, and the risks associated with LLM.sMy favorite activity was the Spin at Dark on Tuesday night!  

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @dy, Great to hear you had a valuable experience at DAIS 2023! We appreciate your attendance and participation. We wanted to share that the Databricks Community Team will be returning to San Francisco to host the Databricks Community booth at DAIS...

• 0 kudos
DatabricksBofA
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Training at Summit

Enrolled in the “Machine Learning in Production” and the “LLMs in Production” Classes and completed. Great Training.. looking forward to implementing soon!!!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @DatabricksBofA, That's fantastic to hear! It's always rewarding to see attendees like yourself finding value in the training and looking forward to implementing what you've learned. Your enthusiasm is truly appreciated! I wanted to share some exc...

• 0 kudos
ValMir
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

First timer at Summit and super impressed!

What a great community of people and practitioners! Loved to learn more about the path forward and all the ways this community will certainly have an impact on the future of AI.

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @ValMir, That's a wonderful sentiment! It's fantastic to hear that you found the DAIS event so enriching. Your enthusiasm for the community and its impact on the future of AI is truly inspiring. We greatly appreciate your attendance and participat...

• 1 kudos
brian999
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to configure github credentials for a service principal NOT using Azure

I want to have a service principal run a job that uses a notebook in our github. We are AWS not Azure. How do I configure git credentials for the service principal? Does this use deploy keys?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @brian999, Let’s break down the steps for configuring Git credentials for a service principal in an AWS environment: Create an IAM User: First, set up an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account if you haven’t already.Create an IAM user (or use an ex...

• 0 kudos
mohaimen_syed
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VS Code integration with Python Notebook and Remote Cluster

Hi, I'm trying to work on VS code remotely on my machine instead of using the Databricks environment on my browser. I have went through documentation to set up the Databricks. extension and also setup Databricks Connect but don't feel like they work ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mohaimen_syed, It sounds like you’re trying to use Databricks Connect to run a Python notebook on a remote Azure Databricks cluster from your local machine. Let’s break down the steps to achieve this: Configure Azure Databricks Authentication...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
kushalnagrani
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Getting error while running the MLOPS demo

Hello,I am trying to run this demo in databricks community edition but i am facing error.MLOPS DEMO - https://www.databricks.com/resources/demos/tutorials/data-science-and-ai/mlops-end-to-end-pipeline?itm_data=demo_centerSomeone else also faced the s...

kushalnagrani_0-1713782286430.png kushalnagrani_1-1713782333329.png
Get Started Discussions
dbdemos
mlflow
MLOPS
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
sidosq
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Hey @kushalnagrani , thank you for sharing this. I am facing the same issue. Could you please help me where can I find these settings? I am new, just created a community workspace and I thought given I am the admin I will have all these by default - ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
WilliamMartine5
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are the various methods for extracting log data from Splunk into Databricks?

Hello,I've recently embarked on integrating Splunk with Databricks. My aim is to efficiently ingest data from Splunk into Databricks. While I've reviewed the available documentation on Splunk Integration, it primarily covers basic information. Howeve...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mhiltner
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I'd highly recommend checking out Fivetran. Easy integration with Databricks, cost effective and they have recently launched a Splunk integration. https://fivetran.com/docs/connectors/applications/splunk You can set it up on the Data Ingestion sectio...

• 0 kudos
rahuja
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Py4JError: An error occurred while calling o992.resourceProfileManager

Hello I am trying to run the SparkXGBoostRegressor and I am getting the following error:SpoilerPy4JError: An error occurred while calling o992.resourceProfileManager. Trace: py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public org.apache.spark.resource...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @rahuja, The error you’re encountering might be related to the interaction between PySpark and XGBoost. Let’s explore some potential solutions: PySpark Version Compatibility: Ensure that your PySpark version is compatible with the XGBoost vers...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Surajv
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting databricks-connect com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException parse warning

Hi community, I am getting below warning when I try using pyspark code for some of my use-cases using databricks-connect. Is this a critical warning, and any idea what does it mean?Logs: WARN DatabricksConnectConf: Could not parse /root/.databricks-c...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi, @Surajv, The warning you’re encountering is related to using Databricks Connect with PySpark.  Databricks Connect: Databricks Connect is a Python library that allows you to connect your local development environment to a Databricks cluster. I...

• 0 kudos
rafal_walisko
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimal Strategies for downloading large query results with Databricks API

Hi everyone,I'm currently facing an issue with handling a large amount of data using the Databricks API. Specifically, I have a query that returns a significant volume of data, sometimes resulting in over 200 chunks.My initial approach was to retriev...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @rafal_walisko, Handling large volumes of data using the Databricks API can indeed be challenging, especially when dealing with numerous chunks.   Let’s explore some strategies that might help you optimize your approach: Rate Limits and Paral...

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors