Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

liormayn
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

OSError: [Errno 78] Remote address changed

Hello:)as part of deploying an app that previously ran directly on emr to databricks, we are running experiments using LTS 9.1, and getting the following error: PythonException: An exception was thrown from a UDF: 'pyspark.serializers.SerializationEr...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi @liormayn ,  Are you still facing the issue? This was faced in mid March and issue was fixed. It can happen for some pip install when the libraries are in Workspace. But if you are still facing the issue, I would suggest you to create a support ti...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
databricksdev
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we customize job run name when running azure data bricks notebook jobs from azure data factory

Hi All,we are executing databricks notebook activity  inside the child pipeline thru ADF. we are getting child pipeline name in job name while executing databricks job.  Is it possible to get master pipeline name as job name or customize job name thr...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I think we should raise a Request/Product Feedback. Not sure if it would be Databricks that would own it or Microsoft but you may submit feedback for Databricks here - https://docs.databricks.com/en/resources/ideas.html  

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
GeKo
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

column "storage_sub_directory" is now always NULL in system.information_schema.tables

Hello,I am running a job that depends on the information provided in column storage_sub_directory in system.information_schema.tables .... and it worked until 1-2 weeks ago.Now I discovered in the doc that this column is deprecated and always null , ...

Community Discussions
Unity Catalog
unitycatalog
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello, Linking the documentation - https://docs.databricks.com/en/sql/language-manual/information-schema/tables.html#definition STORAGE_SUB_DIRECTORY STRING Yes No Deprecated. Always NULL.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
MOUNIKASIMHADRI
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Insufficient Permissions Issue on Databricks

I have encountered a technical issue on Databricks.While executing commands both in Spark and SQL within the Databricks environment, I’ve run into permission-related errors from selecting files from DBFS. "org.apache.spark.SparkSecurityException: [IN...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @MOUNIKASIMHADRI ,   Workspace admins get ANY FILE granted by default. They can explicitly grant it to non-admin users. Hence as suggested in the kb,  GRANT SELECT ON ANY FILE TO `<user@domain-name>`  

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
dbx_687_3__1b3Q
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Impersonating a user

How do I impersonate a user? I can't find any documentation that explains how to do this or even hint that it's possible.Use case: I perform administrative tasks like assign grants and roles to catalogs, schemas, and tables for the benefit of busines...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hidbx_687_3__1b3Q, Actually, I have seen impersonation, is this something that you are looking for? https://docs.gcp.databricks.com/en/dev-tools/google-id-auth.html#step-5-impersonate-the-google-cloud-service-account

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
AlexG
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Query results in csv file include 'null' string for blank cell

After running a sql script, when downloading the results to a csv file, the file includes a null string for blank cells (see screenshot). Is ther a setting I can change to simply get empty cells instead? 

AlexG_1-1702927614092.png
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi AlexG, I tested with the table content containing null and with empty data and it works as expected in the download option too. Here is an eg: CREATE TABLE my_table_null_test1 ( id INT, name STRING ); INSERT INTO my_table_null_test1 (id, name)...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
DataBricks_Use1
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileReadException Error

Hi,I am getting FilereadException Error while reading JSON file using REST API Connector.It comes when data is huge in Json File and it's not able to handle more than 1 Lac records.Error details:org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to sta...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello @DataBricks_Use1 , It would great if you could add the entire stack trace, as Jose mentioned. But there should be a "Caused by:" section below which would give you an idea of what's the reason for this failure and then you can work on that.  fo...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

temporary tables or dataframes,

We have to generate over 70 intermediate tables. Should we use temporary tables or dataframes, or should we create delta tables and truncate and reload? Having too many temporary tables could lead to memory problems. In this situation, what is the mo...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi Phani1, It would be a use case specific answer, so if it is possible I would suggest to work with the Solution Architect on this or share some more insights for a better guidance. When I say that, I just would want to understand would we really ne...

• 0 kudos
DavidKxx
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't create branch of public git repo

Hi,I have cloned a public git repo into my Databricks account.  It's a repo associated with an online training course.  I'd like to work through the notebooks, maybe make some changes and updates, etc., but I'd also like to keep a clean copy of it. M...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi DavidKxx, You can clone public remote repositories without Git credentials (a personal access token and a username). To modify a public remote repository or to clone or modify a private remote repository, you must have a Git provider username and...

• 0 kudos
Koa
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databrick Dashboard state not cleared when login as other user.

Hi all, I am using Databricks and created a notebook and would like to run in Dashboard. It works correctly. I share the Dashboard with another user UserA with "Can Run" permission  When I login as a UserA and login and accesses Dashboard then does a...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Koa, You’ve encountered a security concern related to Databricks and handling JWT tokens within notebooks.  Dashboard State Persistence: When you share a dashboard with another user (in this case, UserA), any updates made by that user will re...

• 0 kudos
Ruby8376
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks sql API <- Delta tables

We have an integration flow where we want to expose databricks data for querying through odata(webapp). For this piecedatabricks sql API <- Delta tables :2 questions here:1. can you share link/documentation on how we can integrate databricks <-delta ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Ruby8376 - can you please review the similar posts where the resolution is provided  https://community.databricks.com/t5/warehousing-analytics/databricks-sql-restful-api-to-query-delta-table/td-p/8617 https://www.databricks.com/blog/2023/03/07/da...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
tomos_phillips1
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

GeoPandas Insall

hi,I cannot install geopandas in my notebook, ive tried all different forms of generic fix, pip installs etc but always get this error:CalledProcessError: Command 'pip --disable-pip-version-check install geopandas' returned non-zero exit status 1.---...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @vbvasa,  The error message indicates that a GDAL API version must be specified. You can address this by providing a path to gdal-config using a GDAL_CONFIG environment variable or by using a GDAL_VERSION environment variable1.To set the GDAL_CONF...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
ChristopherQ1
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we share Delta table data with Salesforce using OData?

Hello!I'm seeking recommendations for streaming on-demand data from Databricks Delta tables to Salesforce. Is OData a viable choice?Thanks.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @ChristopherQ1,  OData (Open Data Protocol) is a standard for building and consuming RESTful APIs. It provides a consistent way to expose and consume data over the web.While OData can be used for data integration, it’s essential to evaluate whethe...

• 0 kudos
dvmentalmadess
by Valued Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Private PyPI repos on DBR 13+

We use a private PyPI repo (AWS CodeArtifact) to publish custom python libraries. We make the private repo available to DBR 12.2 clusters using an init-script as prescribed here in the Databricks KB.  When we tried to upgrade to 13.2 this stopped wor...

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
dvmentalmadess
Valued Contributor
  • 3 kudos

I'm coming back to provide an updated solution that doesn't rely on the implementation detail of the user name (e.g., libraries) - which is not considered a contract and could potentially change and break in the future.The key is to use the --global ...

• 3 kudos
7 More Replies