cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all workspace users can see my user folder

Maria_S
New Contributor III

Hi, I am a Databricks account admin user with admin access to our workspace. My user folder for some reason is visible to all workspace users. I have checked permissions settings where possible and cannot see anything that would indicate fully shared access. Objects inside my folder are not visible, just the folder itself.

If I click Share against that folder, I can see that no specific permissions were granted allowing others (non-admins) to see it.

Capture1.PNG

This is what a workspace user can see who is not an admin and is not a member of any groups with specific permissions. They can see my user folder and I am not sure how to change this

Capture2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

holly
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hello, even with the lowest permissions people will still be able to see / list the folders

https://docs.databricks.com/en/security/auth/access-control/index.html#folder-acls

Maria_S
New Contributor III

Hi @holly , users with no specific permissions do not seem to see user folder of any other user but this one. Sharing settings (first screenshot) are the same, but for some reason this user's folder is shared with everyone.

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

workspace is visible for all , you have to make changes in Admin console ,you will find this feature there to disable it 

AviralBhardwaj

Hi @Aviral-Bhardwaj , the problem is in the visibility of my user folder to all users, not the workspace itself. We have about 10 users, and for some reason only my user folder (red arrow on my second screenshot) is visible to all users regardless of their permissions.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group