cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace creation via terraform provider fails on AWS

DevOps
New Contributor

I'm trying to create a new workspace in a empty account. I have managed to create all the other resources without issues but when I try to create the workspace it fails with the following error:

Error: cannot create mws workspaces: MALFORMED_REQUEST: Invalid CredentialsId:

My config is the following:

resource "databricks_mws_workspaces" "db_landing_ws" {
provider = databricks.accounts
account_id = var.databricks_account_id
aws_region = var.aws_region
workspace_name = "landing-${var.env_short}${var.aws_region_short}}"

credentials_id = databricks_mws_credentials.db_landing_ws_role.id
storage_configuration_id = databricks_mws_storage_configurations.db_landing_ws_s3_bucket.id
network_id = databricks_mws_networks.db_landing_vpc.id
token{
comment = "Terraform"
}
}

And the provider is configured as follows:

provider "databricks" {
alias = "accounts"
host = "https://accounts.cloud.databricks.com"
account_id = var.databricks_account_id
client_id = jsondecode(data.aws_secretsmanager_secret_version.databricks_secret_id.secret_string)["client_id"]
client_secret = jsondecode(data.aws_secretsmanager_secret_version.databricks_secret_id.secret_string)["secret_id"]
}

Where I provide a service principal client and secret id via secrets manager.

I have tried different ways of configuring the provider ( with user and password ) but without any luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Istvan C

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group