cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search on empty string on text filter with Lakeview Dashboards

Siebert_Looije
Contributor

Hi,

I have created a lakeview dashboard with a couple of filters and a table. Now I would like to search if a certain filter (column) has an empty string but if I search for ' ' then it goes 'no data'. I am wondering how can I search for an empty string in a text field field in the new lakeview dashboard?

Kind regards,

Siebert

Source: 

Siebert_Looije_0-1698145083422.png

Siebert_Looije_1-1698145103738.png

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Siebert_Looije , 

To search for an empty string in a text field filter in the Databricks Lakehouse Table view, you can use the "Null" filter option, which also includes empty strings.

Here's how you can filter out rows with empty string values in a text column:

1. Select the Text Field Filter: Choose the text field filter that you want to use for querying empty strings.

2. Access Filter Values: Click the filter value drop-down icon to access the list of available filter values.

3. Select the "Null" Option: Scroll to the bottom of the list where you'll find the "Null" option. Select it to add a null filter condition to your filter.

4. Apply the Filter: With the null filter condition added, click the "Apply Filter" button. This will filter out all rows where the selected column contains empty strings.

Please note that you can apply multiple filters, allowing you to filter for specific strings or other conditions before applying the null filter.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!