cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"PutWithBucketOwnerFullControl" privilege missing for storage configuration

Akira
New Contributor II

Hi. I've been unable to create workspaces manually for a while now. The error I get is 

"MALFORMED_REQUEST: Failed storage configuration validation checks: List,Put,PutWithBucketOwnerFullControl,Delete".

putwithownercontrols_error.trimmed.png

The storage configuration is on a bucket that has a policy and other properties exactly as documented. In case the documentation was wrong I also confirmed it is exactly the same as new ones created by the CloudFormation template.

"PutWithBucketOwnerFullControl" is a mystery term. I guess it's an enum in Databricks control plane code that no-one else can see. The only other reference I can find was from unsolved problem Nov 12, so I'm guessing this is a regression introduced with the Nov 8th release.

Could someone please help?
3 REPLIES 3

Ayushi_Suthar
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Akira ,Thanks for bringing up your concerns, always happy to help ๐Ÿ˜

After looking at the details, it seems your S3 bucket permissions are not properly set up. Can you please check the below documentation and verify if the S3 bucket permissions are correct?

https://docs.databricks.com/en/administration-guide/account-settings-e2/storage.html

Other useful document you can refer : https://docs.databricks.com/en/administration-guide/workspace/troubleshooting.html#storage-configura...

Please let me know if this helps and leave a like if this helps, followups are appreciated.
Kudos
Ayushi

Akira
New Contributor II

Hi Ayushi.

Yes, it does look like the bucket permissions are not properly set up, but as I stated I already checked the documentation. It is the same documentation that you linked above. Then I did further differential diagnosis by creating the same thing via the 'quickstart' method that uses an AWS CloudFormation template, and I find no differences in the bucket I want to use and the one the quickstart template created.

I'd really appreciate it if you could search into the databricks control plane code for the token "PutWithBucketOwnerFullControl" and see what it is mean to be about. It is not an AWS S3 action or inbuilt role.

Akira

Akira
New Contributor II

Yes, it does look like the bucket permissions are not properly set up, but ...

To avoid potential misunderstanding: I mean yes the error message does make it sound like the bucket permissions are wrong. I don't meant I found a problem with the ones in my environment. They are correct according to documentation, and they also match the storage in other error-free workspaces.