cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

UI menu customisation

Henrik
New Contributor III

If I want to customize the UI menu so some users/groups can't for example create jobs or make experiments etc.

As I see it, when unity catalog is enabled, everyone can create jobs (If they have attach to cluster permission). But in my organization, thatโ€™s not what we want all users to do.

1) Is there a way to prevent users from creating jobs when unity catalog is enabled?

2) Is there a way to customize the UI menu so it matches my users/groups?

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Henrik , 

1) Is there a way to prevent users from creating jobs when enabled with Unity Catalog?

Yes, you can prevent users from creating jobs by managing permissions. You can assign "Can Manage" job consent to non-admin users and groups. This allows users to manage all settings on the job, including posting permissions, changing the owner, and changing the cluster configuration. However, if you don't assign this permission to a user, they won't be able to create jobs.

Here's how you can assign "Can Manage" permission:

# Click on the job you want to manage
# Click on the "Permissions" tab
# In the "Name" column, select a principal
# In the "Permission" column, select "Can Manage"
# Click "Add"

2) Is there a way to customize the UI menu so it matches my users/groups?

Let me get back to you on this.

Henrik
New Contributor III

Thaks for the answer,

You solution helps on existing jobs, but not if the case where I want to prevent users/groups to create there own jobs.

Vikaspatel
New Contributor II

I am also searching for solution to restrict users from creating new jobs, but seems like there isn't any

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!