Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400 Unable to load OAuth Config

epps
New Contributor

I've enabled SSO for my Databricks account with Okta as the identity provider and tested the integration is working. I'm now trying to implement an on-behalf-of token exchange so that my API can make authenticate requests to Databricks's API (e.g. ) with users' context associated with the request. To do this, I've followed Okta's documentation; however, when I try to use the access token I received from the authorization server I've configured for SSO with Databricks, I receive a 400 Bad Request with message "Unable to load OAuth Config".

Receiving a 400, and not a 401 or 403, leads me to believe that the API has at least partially validated the token but is lacking some additional configuration. After searching for this specific error message or anything related to OAuth, the only thing that looks remotely associated with the issue is the Accounts API's "Create Custom OAuth App Integration" endpoint; however, the redirect_urls in the payload leads me to suspect this isn't the configuration I'm looking for.

I haven't been able to find any Databricks documentation that would explain the use case for custom OAuth app integrations, although I see that dbt, for example, has a published OAuth app integration.

Any guidance is appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.