cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AnalysisException: [ROW_LEVEL_SECURITY_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED.CHECK_CONSTRAINT]

Martinitus
New Contributor III

I just tried to setup a row filter via the following two sql snippets:

create function if not exists foo.my_test.row_filter (batch_id bigint) return TRUE;
alter table foo.my_test.some_table set row filter foo.my_test.row_filter on (batch_id);

This resulted in ROW_LEVEL_SECURITY_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED.CHECK_CONSTRAINT. I assume this is because the table has some constraints (e.g. delta.constraints.valid_year=year > 2020).
I checked the documentation of row filters here - especially the limitations. It doesn't mention anything about check constraints.
Is this not supported, or am I doing something wrong here?

If this is not supported, then the limitations section should be updated...

BTW: This seems to be a recurring issue I have with databricks (and azure tbf), you start using a feature A just to find out a couple of weeks later, that using feature A prevents you from using feature B.... Not a very nice user experience ๐Ÿ˜ž
1 REPLY 1

Martinitus
New Contributor III

To be fair, row filters and the check constraints feature are in Public Preview, so I apologize for the slightly harsh words above!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.