cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bootstrap Timeout during cluster start

LearningDatabri
Contributor II

sometimes while starting a cluster I am facing bootstrap timeout error, what is the reason? when I try the next time it starts the cluster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

We are aware of this issue and our engineering team made a fix for this issue. The fix will be deployed this week.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

In which region your workspace is deployed? Also which is the cloud provider? We recently applied a fix to resolve this bootstrap error.

LearningDatabri
Contributor II

AWS useast1

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

We are aware of this issue and our engineering team made a fix for this issue. The fix will be deployed this week.

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Databricks learnerโ€‹ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help? Please let us know.

Hi - We have seen this issue on old workspace ( AWS Oregon us-west-2) , couple of times - 1. 26th July and 2. Today 29th July

Cluster '0729-040008-6c2diu36' was terminated. Reason: BOOTSTRAP_TIMEOUT (SERVICE_FAULT). Parameters: databricks_error_message:[id: InstanceId(i-0f5f6b6bd5d37a52a), status: INSTANCE_INITIALIZING, workerEnvId:WorkerEnvId(workerenv-3325107197771046-7201c2b6-6e0c-4e92-9792-2eaf55bc5ffd), lastStatusChangeTime: 1722225709727, groupIdOpt Some(-7472147180756461083),requestIdOpt Some(0729-040008-6c2diu36-b8587b40-d987-4795-a),version 3] with threshold 700 seconds timed out after 700133 milliseconds. Please check network connectivity from the data plane to the control plane., instance_id:i-0f5f6b6bd5d37a52a.

Bert613
New Contributor II

Hello, we have started to see this issue in Canada Central, on Azure, mostly around 6:15am.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group