cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can not change databricks-connect port

Etyr
Contributor

I have a Databricks cluster with 10.4 runtime, when I configure databricks-connect configure I put all the information needed and using the default port 15001, databricks-connect test works.

But changing the port to 443 does not work, I tried to do a pyspark session but it also fails:

: com.databricks.service.SparkServiceConnectionException: Invalid port (443) or invalid token:

The port you specified is either being used already or invalid.
Port: The port that Databricks Connect connects to
  - The default Databricks Connect port is 15001
  - Get current value: spark.conf.get("spark.databricks.service.port")
  - Set via conf: spark.conf.set("spark.databricks.service.port", <your port>")

I added a configuration on my cluster (spark config)

spark.databricks.service.server.enabled true

spark.databricks.service.port 443

But it did not work.

Why doesn't it work? The reason why I want to change to port 443 is simple, my github action workflows is on a self-hosted worker which is behind a firewall that block the port 15001, so I'm trying to find a solution to use a port which is opened.

I tried to set up in `databricks-connect configure` the port 443 + adding it to my spark conf on the driver and on the cluster.

Etyr_0-1709564343385.png

2 REPLIES 2

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@Etyr 

Cluster is using 443 (HTTPS) to connect to the control plane, so IMO 443 should not be used for anything else.

Etyr
Contributor

@daniel_sahal 
Thank you for the reply, indeed port 443 is used by a lot of applucations and could be problematic. But I also tried port `15002` and it didn't work. No other ports than default one works

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group