Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

horatiug
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks workspace with custom VPC using terraform in Google Cloud

I am working on Google Cloud and want to create Databricks workspace with custom VPC using terraform. Is that supported ? If yes is it similar to AWS way ?Thank youHoratiu

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @horatiu guja​ GCP Workspace provisioning using Terraform is public preview now. Please refer to the below doc for the steps.https://registry.terraform.io/providers/databricks/databricks/latest/docs/guides/gcp-workspace

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
johnb1
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SELECT from table saved under path

Hi!I saved a dataframe as a delta table with the following syntax:(test_df .write .format("delta") .mode("overwrite") .save(output_path) )How can I issue a SELECT statement on the table?What do I need to insert into [table_name] below?SELECT ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @John B​ there is two way to access your delta table-SELECT * FROM delta.`your_delta_table_path`df.write.format("delta").mode("overwrite").option("path", "your_path").saveAsTable("table_name")Now you can use your select query-SELECT * FROM [table_...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
xiaochong
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Is Delta Live Tables planned to be open source in the future?

Is Delta Live Tables planned to be open source in the future?

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyanka_Biswas
Valued Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hello there @G Z​  I would say "we have a history of open sourcing our biggest innovations but there's no concrete timeline for dlt. It's built on the open APIs of spark and delta, so the most important parts (your transformation logic and you data) ...

• 2 kudos
joakon
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Databricks - Workflow- Jobs- Script to automate

Hi - I have created a Databricks job - under Workflow - its running fine without any issues . I would like to promote this job to other workspaces using a script.Is there a way to script the job definition and deploy it across multiple workspaces .I ...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
joakon
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

thank you @Landan George​ 

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Dbks_Community
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cross region Databricks to SQL Connection

We are trying to connect Azure Databricks Cluster to Azure SQL database but the firewalls at SQL level is causing an issue.Whitelisting dbks subnet is not an option here as both the resources are in two different azure regions. Is there a secure way ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Cedric
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Timir Ranjan​,Have you tried looking into private endpoints? This allows you to expose your Azure SQL database from the Azure backbone and is cross-regional supported.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/private-link/private-endpoint-overviewP...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
StevenW
by New Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Large MERGE Statements - 500+ lines of code!

I'm new to databricks. (Not new to DB's - 10+ year DB Developer).How do you generate a MERGE statement in DataBricks? Trying to manually maintain a 500+ or 1000+ lines in a MERGE statement doesn't make much sense? Working with Large Tables of between...

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

In my opinion, when possible MERGE statement should be on the primary key. If not possible you can create your own unique key (by concatenate some fields and eventually hashing them) and then use it in merge logic.

• 0 kudos
9 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! SQL error while executing

any fixes to the error would be much appreciated

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hi @KVNARK .​ Could you please send the query that you are executing, that will help me to debug the error.

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
stephansmit
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Why is my lineage extraction not showing up in the Unity Catalog

Im trying to get the lineage graph to work in Unity catalog, however nothing seems to appear even though I followed the docs. I did the following steps1. Created a Unity metastore and attached the workspace to that metastore.2. Created a Single user ...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
L_Favre
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

@Stephan Smit​ We finally got a solution from level 3 support (Databricks support).You may check your firewall logs.On our side, we had to open communication to "Event Hub endpoint".The destination depends on your workspace region: Azure Databricks r...

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitoring

Are there any event streams that are or could be exposed in AWS (such as Cloudwatch Eventbridge events or SNS messages? In particular I'm interested in events that detail jobs being run. The use case here would be for monitoring jobs from our web app...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jessykoo32
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Yes, there are several event streams in AWS that can be used to monitor jobs being run. Your Texas BenefitsCloudWatch Events: This service allows you to set up rules to automatically trigger actions in response to specific events in other AWS service...

• 0 kudos
Johan_Van_Noten
by New Contributor III
  • 19 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Correlated column exception in SQL UDF when using UDF parameters.

EnvironmentAzure Databricks 10.1, including Spark 3.2.0ScenarioI want to retrieve the average of a series of values between two timestamps, using a SQL UDF.The average is obviously just an example. In a real scenario, I would like to hide some additi...

• 19 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
creastysomp
New Contributor II
  • 10 kudos

Thanks for your suggestion. The fact that I want to do this in SparkSQL is because there is no underlying SQLServer.

• 10 kudos
18 More Replies
maaaxx
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can Unity catalog grant the access to a file inside azure datalake storage?

Hi databricks community,I have searched quite a while through the internet but did not find an answer. If I have configured the azure datalake connection in Unity data catalog, is it possible to grant the access to users for a specific file or a fold...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

As @werners said service principal needs to have access to the file level.In the unity catalog, you can use "READ FILES"/"WRITE FILES" permission to give someone the possibility of reading files from the storage level (but through databricks).

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
arsamkull
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Usage of Azure DevOps System.AccessToken as PAT in Databricks

Hi there! I'm trying to use Azure DevOps Pipeline to automate Azure Databricks Repos API. Im using the following workflow:Get an Access Token for a Databricks Service Principal using a Certificate (which works great)Usage REST Api to generate Git Cre...

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Srihasa_Akepati
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

@Adrian Ehrsam​ The PAT limit has been increased to 2048 now. Please check.

• 6 kudos
4 More Replies
mimezzz
by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Dataframe rows missing after write_to_delta and read_from_delta

Hi, i am trying to load mongo into s3 using pyspark 3.1.1 by reading them into a parquet. My code snippets are like:df = spark \ .read \ .format("mongo") \ .options(**read_options) \ .load(schema=schema)df = df.coalesce(64)write_df_to_del...

• 8 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
mimezzz
Contributor
  • 10 kudos

So i think i have solved the mystery here it was to do with the retention config. By setting the retentionEnabled to True and rention hours being 0, we somewhat loses a few rows in the first file as they were mistaken as files from last session and ...

• 10 kudos
7 More Replies
prem0305
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

I am not able to login with my credentials. This is happening with me again and again.i have created different account then also,i am facing the same ...

I am not able to login with my credentials. This is happening with me again and again.i have created different account then also,i am facing the same proble..please help me to resolve this issue...i am a new learner here

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Chaitanya_Raju
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @PREM RANJAN​ It might be a temporary issue, for any issue with Academy learning/certifications, you can raise a ticket in the below link, sharing it with you for your future reference as well.https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=train...

• 0 kudos
ivanychev
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! When Databricks on AWS will support c6i/m6i/r6i EC2 instance types?

The instances are almost 1.5 years old now and provide better efficiency that the 5 gen.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
LandanG
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Sergey Ivanychev​ those instance types are under development and should be GA very soon. No official date AFAIK

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors