cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting csv files from Databricks

Sarvagna_Mahaka
New Contributor III

I'm trying to export a csv file from my Databricks workspace to my laptop.

I have followed the below steps.

1.Installed databricks CLI

2. Generated Token in Azure Databricks

3. databricks configure --token

5. Token:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. databricks fs cp -r dbfs:/your_folder destination/your_folder

I get the below error. Can anyone help?

Error: ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='%3cdatabricks-instance%3e', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/2.0/workspace/get-status?path=%2FFileStore%2Fshared_uploads%2Fwwid%40 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x000001E8649DDC08>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Please check %USERPROFILE%\.databrickscfg file on Windows it should include

[DEFAULT]
host = <workspace-URL>
token = <personal-access-token>

Please validate host variable. Here are additional info how to get it https://docs.databricks.com/workspace/workspace-details.html#workspace-url

Please validate cli connection using some simple command for example

databricks workspace list

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Please check %USERPROFILE%\.databrickscfg file on Windows it should include

[DEFAULT]
host = <workspace-URL>
token = <personal-access-token>

Please validate host variable. Here are additional info how to get it https://docs.databricks.com/workspace/workspace-details.html#workspace-url

Please validate cli connection using some simple command for example

databricks workspace list

Thanks for the help, Hubert.

My host URL was not set correctly. I made the changes as suggested & that fixed the issue.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I am glad that it helped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on the file size, you can use display() in a notebook to download a CSV to your local laptop. It's possible for an admin has disabled this feature so you may not see it.

Thanks Joseph, but the file I want to export is of a bigger size. It goes beyond the display limit of the rows.

User16871418122
Contributor III

Hi @Sarvagna Mahakali​ There is an easier hack:

a) You can save results locally on the disk and create a hyper link for downloading CSV . You can copy the file to this location: dbfs:/FileStore/table1_good_2020_12_18_07_07_19.csv

b) Then download with link: HTTPS://<yourworkspace>.cloud.databricks.com/files/trace_good_2020_12_18_07_07_19.csv

Hope it helps! 😊

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group