cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileReadException error when creating materialized view reading two schemas

kalebkemp
Visitor

Hi all. I'm getting an error `com.databricks.sql.io.FileReadException` when attempting to create a materialized view which reads tables from two different schemas in the same catalog. Is this just a limitation in databricks or do I potentially have some configuration issue? If I take out any reference to the other schema I'm able to create the view just fine. I can provide a stack trace or more information if necessary.

e.g.

this works:
create materialized view my_catalog.my_schema.kk_test as select * from my_catalog.my_schema.some_table 

this does not work:
create materialized view my_catalog.my_schema.kk_test1 as select * from my_catalog.my_other_schema.some_table

(this is a very simplified version, I do actually need data from both schemas) 

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group