cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD no longer supported?

grazie
Contributor

Based on [an answer in this community](https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D58Y00009jfKM1SAM/error-no-metastore-assigned-for-the-current-workspace), we set "data security mode" to LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD in a cluster policy which needed to access files through dbutil.fs in a workspace and that previously got the NO METASTORE error that the above answer resolved.

However, now I was unable to create a cluster using this policy - could it be that LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD is no longer supported? I looked in release notes, but couldn't find info about that there.

If so, what is the approach to solve the same issue now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geir Iversen​ Below cluster policy works for me. BTW access to the file system is allowed in single user mode in Unity Catalog. Did you try this access mode?

"data_security_mode": {

"type": "allowlist",

"values": [

"SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD"

],

"defaultValue": "SINGLE_USER",

"hidden": true

},

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geir Iversen​ Below cluster policy works for me. BTW access to the file system is allowed in single user mode in Unity Catalog. Did you try this access mode?

"data_security_mode": {

"type": "allowlist",

"values": [

"SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD"

],

"defaultValue": "SINGLE_USER",

"hidden": true

},

saran2904
New Contributor II

Hi,

Can you please guide me where to edit this configuration, I could not edit the configuration in cluster compute. Please let me know how to add the above configuration in cluster compute.

grazie
Contributor

changing to SINGLE_USER in the policy allowed us to create clusters, and they didn't have the "NO METASTORE issue".

grazie
Contributor

Now we do have this issue again, starting today. With the SINGLE_USER access mode

grazie
Contributor

...and it works again - no changes made by us

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group