cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tracing the history of a workflow

dev_puli
New Contributor III

Hi!

I use Databricks in Azure and I find it inconvenient not knowing the last modified user and modified time. How can I trace the history of modified time and user details? Would it be possible to deploy the workflows into higher environments?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

dev_puli
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response! I used "describe history table_name" before as you specified above. I am fairly new to Databricks. Can you provide more insights about the workflow? How to trace the history of a workflow like tracing the history of a table(using a command like describe) or a notebook (using git options)? I am not sure of the possibilities of deploying the workflows from lower environments to higher environments. I had challenges in changing the owner of a workflow when I created a workflow. I ended up in seeking the help from another user with admin privileges to change the owner.

dev_puli
New Contributor III

Sorry! I added another issue at the end without mentioning it was a new issue I encountered. I had challenges in changing the owner of a workflow when I created a workflow. I ended up seeking help from another user with admin privileges to change the owner. Is there a way to choose a service principle as the default owner every time a workflow gets created by any user?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group