Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

DeltaSharing

Hi, Databricks team,I created the share and provided access to the recipient, and the recipient is consuming or accessing the share. My question is who is going to bear the cost and how can we track the computation charges for it?As per the attached ...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Phani1
Valued Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ , Thanks for your response on Delta sharing information, Could you please provide details about who is going to bear the cost[either provider/Consumer] and how can we track the computation charges for it?

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
EveryDayData
by Contributor
  • 32 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Data AI Summit Training

Hi Team,I am asking a little off topic question here. I have been attending paid session for Data AI summit in last 2-3 years. Is it possible to get videos for sessions which we have not attended due to session conflicts at the same time. I mean to s...

• 32 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
RajeshRK
Contributor
  • 7 kudos

@Juliet Wu​ Hi Juliet,Thank you so much for sharing the recording. Regards,Rajesh.

• 7 kudos
31 More Replies
Pete_M
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to alter the text in a Databricks Job Alert Email?

I have configured a Databricks job to send email alters to me whenever my job fails. However, I would very much like to alter the text in the Alert Email to something a little more bespoke. Is there any way to alter the text in email or even just t...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hey there @Peter Mayers​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from yo...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
alpha
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Connecting to DataLake Gen2 from Azure Databricks with Private Endpoint

Hi,I have datalake gen2 with vnet and private endpoint. I do have databricks workspace in same vnet. I am trying to access the datalake from databricks but I keep getting error when I allow access only for selected network in datalake. I get error w...

• 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

You can always check the tutorial regarding ADLS and private link under this link https://community.databricks.com/s/feed/0D53f00001eQGOHCA4

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
Eyespoop
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! PySpark: Writing Parquet Files to the Azure Blob Storage Container

Currently I am having some issues with the writing of the parquet file in the Storage Container. I do have the codes running but whenever the dataframe writer puts the parquet to the blob storage instead of the parquet file type, it is created as a f...

image image(1) image(2)
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16764241763
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hello @Karl Saycon​ Can you try setting this config to prevent additional parquet summary and metadata files from being written? The result from dataframe write to storage should be a single file.https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Mohit_m
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to Install Python packages from the own artifactory

We have created our own artifactory and we use this to install python dependencies or libraries.We would like to know how we can make use of our own artifactory to install dependencies or libraries on Databricks clusters..

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Mohit_m
Valued Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

For private repos, you can find some good examples herehttps://kb.databricks.com/clusters/install-private-pypi-repo.htmlhttps://towardsdatascience.com/install-custom-python-libraries-from-private-pypi-on-databricks-6a7669f6e6fd

• 2 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Hello Databricks Community!  We are getting so excited about the upcoming event of the year Data & AI Summit!  If you still need to sign up, visit...

Hello Databricks Community! We are getting so excited about the upcoming event of the year Data & AI Summit! If you still need to sign up, visit our registration page [link]! We have an in-person and virtual option for attending this year. In prepara...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
lakshmidvm
New Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

me too, didn't receive giftcard.

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
MxSasch
by New Contributor II
  • 13 replies
  • 5 kudos

Cluster terminated.Reason:Unexpected launch failure

Is there any known issues affecting the creation of clusters? I've been unable to get any clusters to start today so far!Have received this error "Cluster terminated.Reason:Unexpected launch failure"Help!

• 13 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
AWe
New Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

good

• 5 kudos
12 More Replies
drewster
by New Contributor III
  • 17 replies
  • 14 kudos

Resolved! Spark streaming autoloader slow second batch - checkpoint issues?

I am running a massive history of about 250gb ~6mil phone call transcriptions (json read in as raw text) from a raw -> bronze pipeline in Azure Databricks using pyspark. The source is mounted storage and is continuously having files added and we do n...

• 17 replies
  • 14 kudos
Latest Reply
Brooksjit
New Contributor III
  • 14 kudos

Thank you for the explanation.

• 14 kudos
16 More Replies
sarveshpandey23
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

There is some issue in Column

I have loaded the csv file from my local PC to data bricks. Now, when i am trying to query the table over column its throwing error. Note - select * from table_name is working but select column_name from table_name is throwing error.

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Scorpius
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unregistering / Removing A SparkListener

Hey, So currently I'm using Pyspark and utilizing SparkListener to track metrics of my spark jobs. The problem I can't seem to solve is why in databricks the listener cannot be removed with removeSparkListener as it still is attached to the context.#...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @CJ W​, Please go through this GitHub link which resolves this patch:-https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/16382/commits/347bb0e74e16cf19511ccfa3ed763db71c57aa4fPlease let us know if it helps you in any way.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Raymond_Garcia
by Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Migrating from Databricks Notebooks to IDE for Development

Hello, we are developers who have been creating a system in Databricks with Scala. We enabled the Git feature, so the project is in a repository. The project has a lot of notebooks and a lot of calls to other notebooks. Sometimes it is a little overw...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Raymond_Garcia
Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

it is true that we can't work without data bricks but we can develop an IDE and send the jar to databricks, this will allow us to create unit tests, and use the IDE capabilities (i.e fast navigation among classes).

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Kody_Devl
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Export to Excel xlsx

Hi All Does anyone have some code or example of how to export my Databricks SQL results directly to an existing spreadsheet?Many ThanksKody_Devl

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hey there @Ross Crill​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too.We'd love to hear fro...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! is it possible to have multiple tabs in Dashboard? if not is there any workaround for this.

is it possible to have multiple tabs in Dashboard? if not is there any workaround for this.

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hey @Janga Reddy​ Hope you are well. Just wanted to see if you were able to find an answer to your question and would you like to mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too.Cheers!

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors