Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Megan05
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Out of Memory/Connection Lost When Writing to External SQL Server from Databricks Using JDBC Connection

I am working on writing a large amount of data from Databricks to an external SQL server using a JDB connection. I keep getting timeout errors/connection lost but digging deeper it appears to be a memory problem. I am wondering what cluster configura...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
hotrabattecom
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Thanks for the answer. I am also get in this problem. Hotrabatt

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Maverick1
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! How to get the list of all jobs available for a particular user?

As of now, if I try to list the jobs via "list job" API then there is a limit of 25 jobs only.Is there a way to list all the available/visible jobs to a user?

• 4 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Saurabh Verma​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Arvind Ravish​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to other...

• 8 kudos
3 More Replies
anmol_deep
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to restore DatabricksRoot(FileStore) data after Databricks Workspace is decommissioned?

My Azure Databricks workspace was decommissioned. I forgot to copy files stored in the DatabricksRoot storage (dbfs:/FileStore/...).Can the workspace be recommissioned/restored? Is there any way to get my data back?Also, is there any difference betwe...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Anmol Deep​, We haven’t heard from you since your last response, and I was checking back to see if you were able to recover your data.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
korilium
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Databricks-connect invalid shard address

I want to use databricks inside vscode and I therefore need Databricks-connect I configure my settings using databricks-connect configure as follows: Databricks Host [https://adb-1409757184094616.16.azuredatabricks.net]Databricks Token [<my token>]Cl...

• 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Justin09
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

In case it helps anyone, I ran into this issue and had to remove the trailing / from the host name. It used to work fine with the trailing / so something must have changed.

• 3 kudos
10 More Replies
BeginnerBob
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Loading Dimensions including SCDType2

I have a customer dimension and for every incremental load I am applying type2 or type1 to the dimension.This dimension is based off a silver table in my delta lake where I am applying a merge statement.What happens if I need to go back and track ad...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Lloyd Vickery​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Werner Stinckens​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to ot...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
yopbibo
by Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos

How can I connect to an Azure SQL db from a Databricks notebook?

I know how to do it with spark, and read/write tables (like https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/databricks/data/data-sources/sql-databases#python-example )But this time, I need to only update a field of a specific row in a table. I do not think I ...

• 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
yopbibo
Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

thanks for the link.I am maybe wrong, but they describe how to connect with spark. They do not provide a connection engine that we could use directly (like with pyodbc) or an engine that we could use in pandas, for example.

• 5 kudos
5 More Replies
RiyazAli
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Errors in notebooks of Scalable Machine Learning with Apache Spark course in Databricks academy.

HI there,I'm following the course mentioned from Databricks Academy. I downloaded the .dbc archiive and working along side the videos from academy. In ML-08 - Hyperopt notebook, I see the following error in cmd 13. best_hyperparam = fmin(fn=objectiv...

hyperopt_implementation hyperopt problem with &quot;max_features&quot;
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
RiyazAli
Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Tagging @Kaniz Fatma​ as there was no response what so ever!By any chance, do you know how to resolve these errors in the notebook?Thanks!

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
hari
by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Max job concurrency per workspace

Per the documentation, a workspace is limited to 1k concurrent job runs.Can somebody clarify how the concurrency limit is set i.e:Is it 1k concurrent runs across all jobs in the workspaceIs it 1k concurrent runs for a single jobAlso, is there any way...

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
hari
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ Weners gave some great suggestions on the issue we are dealing with. But some confirmation on the question from data bricks side would be much appreciated

• 2 kudos
9 More Replies
AmanSehgal
by Honored Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! Error on using Databricks Account API - invalid endpoint

I'm trying to configure audit logs for databricks and as a part of it I need to configure S3 storage using endpoint storage-configurations.But for some reason I'm getting invalid endpoint. I'm using following URL with basicAuth.https://accounts.cloud...

• 3 replies
  • 13 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 13 kudos

Hey there @Aman Sehgal​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you...

• 13 kudos
2 More Replies
rahul3
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Facing mount/unmount issue while running same job parallelly with scala.

Using above configuration in cluster, when I run databricks job parallelly with multiple request at a same time, then I am getting mount/unmount issue. For an example : When I make three request to databricks job , it run 3 jobs parallelly but somet...

image.png image.png
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @rahul upadhyay​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar Ammeappin​ . If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
gazzyjuruj
by Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

User Initiated Cluster Termination, after 1-2 hours cluster goes offline even while working!

Hi,Wanted to ask, I have been experiencing databricks_error = user initiated cluster terminationdatabricks_error_message: timeout while placing nodesand soetimes it stays stuck on "finding new nodes, instances if neccessary" for hours..and it goes of...

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Ghazanfar Uruj​  , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Atanu Sarkar​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to oth...

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
Mr__E
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks dashboard removing order, incorrectly sorted.

I created a table that aggregates data by year and week of year and display this in a chart over time. As part of the query, I order by the year, then week columns. In the visualization on the query (in the SQL editor), I disabled the sort, because i...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Erik Louie​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will res...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Manav
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Manav Mishra​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will re...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
MMMM
by New Contributor III
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos

cluster issue

I signed up with databricks free trial but I am not be able to create new cluster , could you help me in this regard ?When i create cluster nothing happens and it terminates automatically , I'm on aws

• 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
MMMM
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Could you help in answer all my questions 1 by one again

• 2 kudos
14 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors