cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unity Catalog 2.1 API Not Returning SQL Function/View Dependencies

DatabricksHero
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have a problem with reading responses generated by Unity Catalog API 2.1 as they are missing fields that are otherwise described in the specification:

• List functions - The fields routine_dependenciesreturn_params, and input_params are missing. Moreover, in the Data Explorer -> SQL Function -> Details, the field "Return Params" has the value "parameters=(unrenderable)" - what "unrenderable" means in this case?
  • List fields - The field view_dependencies is missing. Similarly, in the Data Explorer, I can see "dependencies=(unrenderable)" as the value for "View Dependencies".

Is it necessary to modify some configuration in Databricks to be able to see these fields? Do I need special permissions to do so (even though I am logged in as admin)? Please help, this issue is a blocker for my project (building a dependency tree of database objects).

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DatabricksHero , 

view_dependencies
View dependencies (when table_type == VIEW or MATERIALIZED_VIEW, STREAMING_TABLE)
  • when DependencyList is None, the dependency is not provided;
  • when DependencyList is an empty list, the dependency is provided but is empty;
  • when DependencyList is not an empty list, dependencies are provided and recorded.

Hi @Kaniz, thanks for you reply. What does it mean, that a dependency list is not provided? How do I ensure it will be provided?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.