cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

selvakumar092
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Incremental Load without Last Modified Date and Primary Key field in Azure Data Factory to create bronze data in data bricks

I am trying to do incremental load in azure data factory. Most of the tables in the Oracle database doesn't have last modified date and Primary key column. Is there any way to do incremental loading without last modified date and primary key column?

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Selva Kumar Ponnusamy​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please te...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Eelke
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

I would like to create a schedule in Databricks that runs a job every two weeks on Monday night 0:00

This seems impossible with the cron that databricks is using but maybe I am wrong? However, if this is not possible it seems to me a missing feature, and thereby would like to suggest this feature to you

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Eelke van Foeken​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
varad
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! My exam has suspended , Need help Urgently (10/06/2023)

Hello Team, I encountered Pathetic experience while attempting my 1st DataBricks certification. Abruptly, Proctor asked me to show my desk, after showing he/she asked multiple times.. wasted my time and then suspended my exam. I want to file a compla...

• 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Varad Manglekar​ Glad to hear!Help us build a vibrant and resourceful community by recognizing and highlighting insightful contributions. Mark the best answers and show your appreciation!

• 8 kudos
5 More Replies
negrinij
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Understanding Used Memory in Databricks Cluster

Hello, I wonder if anyone could give me any insights regarding used memory and how could I change my code to "release" some memory as the code runs. I am using a Databricks Notebook.Basically, what we need to do is perform a query, create a spark sql...

image.png image
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Juliana Negrini​ - with respect to the your sample code, you can use spark's distributed query capabilities to run the query using spark instead of pandas. so, you don't have to toggle between the pandas data frame and the spark data frame.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
mikimiki309
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Voucher not received

Hi, I have attended the recent Lakehouse webinar (May) and completed Lakehouse fundamentals but still have not received the certification voucher. Kindly help.

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
mikimiki309
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Thanks @Vidula Khanna​ for your help. I have raised a ticket as suggested for this.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
naga_databricks
by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Set timestamp column to blank when inserting a record into delta table

I am trying to insert a record into Delta table using notebook written in python. This record has a timestamp column that should be blank initially, later i have a plan to update the timestamp value.How am i inserting the record: stmt_insert_audit_r...

• 8 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Naga Vaibhav Elluru​ Elevate our community by acknowledging exceptional contributions. Your participation in marking the best answers is a testament to our collective pursuit of knowledge

• 6 kudos
7 More Replies
Christine
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to import functions from a module in Workspace/Shared instead of Repos?

Hi,I am considering creating libraries for my databricks notebooks, and found that it is possible to import functions from modules saved in repos. Is it possible to move the .py files with the functions to Workspace/Shared and still import functions ...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Christine Pedersen​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell ...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
KarthikeyanB
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Window function + Multiple simultaneous aggregations

Hi team,Why is there no support to perform multiple aggregations together with a single window spec? ie I dont want to specify each aggregation separately and I don't want to see each aggregation perform as a separate piece of work.Or if there is ind...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
KarthikeyanB
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ ,Firstly, thank you much for responding.Thank you for confirming that performing multiple aggr using a single window spec does NOT evaluate the window spec separately each time. My bad in the wrong understanding prior.

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
ranged_coop
by Valued Contributor II
  • 23 replies
  • 22 kudos

Resolved! How to access a jar file stored in Databricks Workspace ?

Hi All,We have a couple of jars stored in a workspace folder.We are using init scripts to copy the jars in the workspace to the /databricks/jars path.The init scripts do not seem to be able to find the files. The scripts are failing saying the files ...

• 23 replies
  • 22 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 22 kudos

Hi @Bharath Kumar Ramachandran​ You're welcome! I'm glad you found the link useful. I empathize with your hope that Databricks would consider adding this option. It's possible that Databricks will take user feedback into account when planning future ...

• 22 kudos
22 More Replies
Eelke
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I want to perform interpolation on a streaming table in delta live tables.

I have the following code:from pyspark.sql.functions import * !pip install dbl-tempo from tempo import TSDF   from pyspark.sql.functions import *   # interpolate target_cols column linearly for tsdf dataframe def interpolate_tsdf(tsdf_data, target_c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Eelke
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

The issue was not resolved because we were trying to use a streaming table within TSDF which does not work.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
HariharaSam
by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! To get Number of rows inserted after performing an Insert operation into a table

Consider we have two tables A & B.qry = """INSERT INTO Table ASelect * from Table B where Id is null """spark.sql(qry)I need to get the number of records inserted after running this in databricks.

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
GRCL
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Almost same advice than Hubert, I use the history of the delta table :df_history.select(F.col('operationMetrics')).collect()[0].operationMetrics['numOutputRows']You can find also other 'operationMetrics' values, like 'numTargetRowsDeleted'.

• 4 kudos
9 More Replies
Merchiv
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! AnalysisException when running SQL queries

When running some SQL queries using spark.sql(...), we sometimes get a variant of the following error:AnalysisException: Undefined function: current_timestamp. This function is neither a built-in/temporary function, nor a persistent function that is ...

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
ashish1
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

This is most likely a conflict in the lib code, you can uninstall some libs on your cluster and try to narrow it down to the problematic one.

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
siddharthk
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Reduce downtime of Postgres table - JDBC overwrite job

I want to overwrite a Postgresql table transactionStats which is used by the customer facing dashboards.This table needs to be updated every 30 mins. I am writing a AWS Glue Spark job via JDBC connection to perform this operation.Spark dataframe writ...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Siddharth Kanojiya​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @werners (Customer)​ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.Thanks and Regards

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Pras1
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! AZURE_QUOTA_EXCEEDED_EXCEPTION - even with more than vCPUs than Databricks recommends

I am running this Delta Live Tables PoC from databricks-industry-solutions/industry-solutions-blueprintshttps://github.com/databricks-industry-solutions/pos-dltI have Standard_DS4_v2 with 28GB and 8 cores x 2 workers - so a total of 16 cores. This is...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Prasenjit Biswas​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Jose Gonzalez​ ​ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.Thanks and Regards

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!

Labels