Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

AL1
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

In the spirit of the Holiday season, share us a picture of reward/s you received from Databricks Community Rewards Store below!  

In the spirit of the Holiday season, share us a picture of reward/s you received from Databricks Community Rewards Store below! 

databricks shirt
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Your tshirt is super cool n awesome

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
PriyaAnanthram
by Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! change data feed on delta live tables

I have a delta live table where I am reading cdc data and merging this data in silver using apply changes. In silver can I find out what all data has changed since the last run similar to change data feed table_changes?

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
PriyaAnanthram
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

I also have a requirment where i write to a live table (materialized view) and have cdf enabled i want to see the changes but here to i see overwrites happening after dlt pipeline runs

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
rlink
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Data Science & Engineering Dashboard Refresh Issue Using Databricks

Hi everyone,I create a Data Science & Engineering notebook in databricks to display some visualizations and also set up a schedule for the notebook to run every hour. I can see that the scheduled run is successful every hour, but the dashboard I crea...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
luis_herrera
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

To schedule a dashboard to refresh at a specified interval, schedule the notebook that generates the dashboard graphs.PS: Check #DAIS2023 talks

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Prannu
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Location of files previously uploaded on DBFS

I have uploaded a csv data file and used it in a spark job three months back. I am now running the same spark job with a new cluster created. Program is running properly. I want to know where I can see the previously uploaded csv data file.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

@Pranay Gupta​ you can see that in dbfs root directory, based on path you provided in job. please check .please go to data explorer and select below option that i shown in screen shot

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
daindana
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to preserve my database when the cluster is terminated?

Whenever my cluster is terminated, I lose my whole database(I'm not sure if it's related, I made those database with delta format. ) And since the cluster is terminated in 2 hours from not using it, I wake up with no database every morning.I don't wa...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Once if the culstur gets terminated info will be lost

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
Gopal269673
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calling jobs inside another job

Hi All.. I had created 2 job flows and one for transaction layer and another for datamart layer. I need to specify the job dependency between job1 vs Job2 and need to trigger the job2 after completing job1 without using any other orchestration tool o...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Verify with documentation

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
SK21
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

CICD for Jobs @ WorkFlows

I had created Jobs to trigger the respective notebooks in Databricks Workflow.Now I need to move them to further environments.Would you please help me with an CICD process to promote jobs to further environments.

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Please use jobs API 2.1 You can get job and save JSON with that jobs to git.In git then set variables defining databricks workspaces (URL and token) and after push define that API call is triggered with your json stored in git.

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
fijoy
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Using widget values in a shell script cell

I have a Databricks notebook containing a mix of SQL, Python, and shell script cells. I know I can retrieve and use values of widgets in Python cells using dbutils.widgets.get('key') and in SQL cells using ${key}.How can I use widget values in shell ...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
fijoy
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

For those interested, I found and am for now using this workaround:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54662605/how-to-pass-a-python-variables-to-shell-script-in-azure-databricks-notebookbleswhile I wait for a more direct method.

• 2 kudos
AmanSehgal
by Honored Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 15 kudos

Job cluster vs All purpose cluster

Environment: AzureI've a workflow that takes approximately a minute to execute and I want to run the job every 2 minutes.. All purpose cluster:On attaching all purpose cluster to the job, it takes approx. 60 seconds to execute.Using job cluster:On at...

• 6 replies
  • 15 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 15 kudos

Thanks for sharing

• 15 kudos
5 More Replies
Siddu07
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to change the audit log delivery Service Account?

Hi Team,I'm trying to set up Audit log delivery based on the documentation "https://docs.gcp.databricks.com/administration-guide/account-settings-gcp/log-delivery.html". As per the document, I've created a multi-region storage bucket however I'm not ...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Documentation helps in many tasks

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Dave_Nithio
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Delta Live Table Pipeline with Multiple Notebooks

I have two notebooks created for my Delta Live Table pipeline. The first is a utils notebook with functions I will be reusing for other pipelines. The second contains my actual creation of the delta live tables. I added both notebooks to the pipeline...

image.png
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
fecavalc08
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Vivian Wilfred​ and @Dave Wilson​ we solved our reusability code with repos and pointing the code to our main code:sys.path.append(os.path.abspath('/Workspace/Repos/[your repo]/[folder with the python scripts'))from your_class import *It just wor...

• 7 kudos
3 More Replies
Mike_016978
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! What are differences between Materialized view and Streaming table in delta live table?

Hi,I was wondering that what are differences between Materialized view and Streaming table? which one should I use when I extract data from bronze table to silver table since I found that both CREATE LIVE TABLE and CREATE STREAMING LIVE TABLE could a...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Mike Chen​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback wi...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
J_M_W
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Can you use %run or dbutils.notebook.run in a Delta Live Table pipeline?

Hi there, Can you use a %run or dbutils.notebook.run() in a Delta Live Table (DLT) pipeline?When I try, I get the following error: "IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: To enable notebook workflows, please upgrade your Databricks subscriptio...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
J_M_W
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi all.@Kaniz Fatma​ thanks for your answer. I am on the premium pricing tier in Azure.After digging around the logs it would seem that you cannot run magic commands in a Delta Live Table pipeline. Therefore, you cannot use %run in a DLT pipeline - w...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
logan0015
by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Getting a key mismatch error with Delta Live Tables.

I am attempting to create a streaming delta live table. The main issue I am experiencing is the error below.com.databricks.sql.cloudfiles.errors.CloudFilesIllegalStateException: Found mismatched event: keyI have an aws appflow that is creating a fold...

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
VijaC_97468
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Hi, I am also facing the same issue, but I found nothing on the documentation to fix it.

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors