Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Johny
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Insert data to a CDF-enabled Delta table throwing java.lang.StackOverflowError

I am building a bronze table with CDF-enables in these steps:Initially, Reading json file from landing zone and write to table locationdf = spark.readStream.format("cloudFiles") \ .option("cloudFiles.schemaLocation", <schema_loc>) \ .option("clou...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Johny
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

I tried with a simple csv file that only has one column. I got the same error.

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
varunsaagar
by New Contributor III
  • 18 replies
  • 31 kudos

Request for reattempt voucher. Databricks Certified Machine Learning Professional exam

HiOn December 28th ,I attempted the Databricks Certified Machine Learning Professional exam for 1st time , unfortunately I ended up by failing grade. My passing grade was 70%, and I received 68.33%.I am planning to reattempt the exam, Could you kindl...

• 18 replies
  • 31 kudos
Latest Reply
girl_chan
New Contributor II
  • 31 kudos

What is the next event where they will give a voucher?

• 31 kudos
17 More Replies
JKR
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

The spark driver has stopped unexpectedly and is restarting. Your notebook will be automatically reattached.

Getting below error Context: Using Databricks shared interactive cluster for scheduled run multiple parallel jobs at the same time after every 5 mins. When I check Ganglia, driver node's memory reaches almost max and then restart of driver happens an...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

please check the driver's logs, for example the log4j and the GC logs

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
jonasmin
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Error while establishing JDBC connection to Azure databricks via HTTP proxy

I am using the databricks JDBC driver (https://databricks.com/spark/jdbc-drivers-download) to connect to Azure databricks.The connection needs to be routed through a HTTP proxy. I found parameters that can be configured for using the HTTP proxy:By pa...

databricks jdbc
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
MS_Varma
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Jonas Minning​ , actually I am also having the same issue and when i looked into the driver related documentation I found that the driver currently only supports SOCKS proxies and I believe this is the reason why we are getting this error. So, I ...

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
knowAsha
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Error while running the data engineering course notebook : "DE 2.2 - Providing Options for External Sources"

Can somebody help me fixing this problem? I am running this notebook on databricks community edition

I am running this notebook in Databricks community edition.
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
lemfo
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

df = spark.read.format('parquet').load(path = datasource_path) df = df.select("*").toPandas() df.to_sql('users', conn, if_exists='replace', index = False)

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 8 kudos

Implementing a data vault model in databricks can be challenging, but it can significantly improve the manageability of your data, particularly in hea...

Implementing a data vault model in databricks can be challenging, but it can significantly improve the manageability of your data, particularly in heavily regulated industries such as banking. While it may involve significant data duplication, duplic...

ezgif-4-58a39917b2
  • 2 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 8 kudos

helpful

• 8 kudos
1 More Replies
Priyag1
by Honored Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 11 kudos

How to get reward points ?

How to get reward points ?

• 1 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
samhita
New Contributor III
  • 11 kudos

You must share informative posts and be active in the community.Thank you

• 11 kudos
kjoth
by Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos

How to make the job fail via code after handling exception

Hi , We are capturing the exception if an error occurs using try except. But we want the job status to be failed once we got the exception. Whats the best way to do that. We are using pyspark.

• 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
AkA
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

Instead of exiting the notebook which make the task/job success, Exception objects needs to be raised again from Exception block to fail the job.try: <you code>except Exception as err: <your block of exception handling> raise err

• 6 kudos
8 More Replies
pinaki1
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

connect rds from databricks sql editor

Is it possible to connect and execute query directly from rds in sql editor without using unity catelog

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
luis_herrera
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi there, Yes, you could do federated queries from DB SQL Editor. This is an experimental feature, though. UC is actually not supported. You can read more here:https://docs.databricks.com/query-federation/index.htmlPS: check out #DAIS2023 talks

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

The workers in the cluster uses old end-of-life Ubuntu 18.04.

I create a cluster or a pool with the runtime version 12.2 LTS or even with the latest 13.0According to the documentation the worker should use an image. with Ubuntu 20.04 https://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/runtime/12.2.html#system-environment...

ubuntu_ip-10-20-25-228___
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Contact support team

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
DavyN
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Unable to take Lakehouse Fundamentals Quiz

Hi,I watched the videos for Lakehouse Fundamentals. However, when I click on "Take the quiz" it opens another tab that says I don't have permission to access the page.I've done all the necessary signing up.Could someone please help. Thanks!

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
MandatoryNickna
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

This still seems to be unavailable. Very annoying.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Oliver_Angelil
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Automated CI code checks using workflows when PR is raised

I'm familiar with Github Actions workflows to automate code checks whenever a PR is raised to a specified branch. For example for Python code, very useful is if unit tests (e.g. pytest), syntax (flake8), and code formatting (black formatter), type h...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

In a typical software development workflow (e.g. Github flow), a feature branch is created based on the master branch for feature development. A notebook can be synced to the feature branch via Github integration. Or a notebook can be exported from D...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
DeviJaviya
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to build subquery in Databricks notebook, similar to SQL in a data frame with the Top(1)

Hello Everyone,I am new to Databricks, so I am at the learning stage. It would be very helpful if someone helps in resolving the issue or I can say helped me to fix my code.I have built the query that fetches the data based on CASE, in Case I have a ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
DeviJaviya
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello Rishabh,Thank you for your suggestion, we tried to limit 1 but the output values are coming the same for all the dates. which is not correct.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Joey
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to fix the error on INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE when using mlflow for tracking a yolo model training?

I'm new to databricks, and I'm trying to train yolo model and use mlflow to track the parameters and log the models. I keep getting this error related to the requirements.txt file path: INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE: Invalid value '/Shared/YOLOv8/requireme...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Joey
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for the reply, @Suteja Kanuri​ . I tried the proposed solution. This time got this message:Invalid artifact path: '/Shared/YOLOv8'. Names may be treated as files in certain cases, and must not resolve to other names when treated as such. This ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Have you ever wondered how to automate your #databricks jobs and workflows without using the UI? If you want to manage your Databricks resources as co...

Have you ever wondered how to automate your #databricks jobs and workflows without using the UI? If you want to manage your Databricks resources as code, you should check out Terraform.Here is a simple example of creating a job that runs a notebook o...

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

or use ADF Still waiting for actual added value on using Databricks Workflow over ADF.

• 6 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors