cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data + AI Summit 2024 - Data Engineering & Streaming

Forum Posts

babyhari
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Databricks streaming dataframe into Snowflake

Any suggestions on how to stream data from databricks into snowflake?. Is snowpipe is the only option?. Snowpipe is not faster since it runs copy into in a small batch intervals and not in few seconds. If no option other than snowpipe, how to call it...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @babyhari  Hope everything is going great. Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we ...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Gil
by New Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 7 kudos

DLT optimize and vacuum

We were finally able to get DLT pipelines to run the optimize and vacuum automatically.  We verified this via the the table history.   However I am able to still query versions older than 7 days.   Has anyone been experiencing this and how were you a...

• 10 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Gil  Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help.  We'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

• 7 kudos
9 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Dear @Werner Stinckens​  and @Tyler Retzlaff​  We would like to express our gratitude for your participation and dedication in the Databricks Commun...

Dear @Werner Stinckens​  and @Tyler Retzlaff​ We would like to express our gratitude for your participation and dedication in the Databricks Community last week. Your interactions with customers have been valuable and we truly appreciate the time...

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 8.42.49 PM
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
dplante
Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Congratulations guys!

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
Constantine
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How does merge schema work

Let's say I create a table like CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS new_db.data_table ( key STRING, value STRING, last_updated_time TIMESTAMP ) USING DELTA LOCATION 's3://......';Now when I insert into this table I insert data which has say 20 columns a...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
timdriscoll22
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

I tried running "REFRESH TABLE tablename;" but I still do not see the added columns in the data explorer columns, while I do see the added columns in the sample data 

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
pjain
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

_sqldf value in case of query failure in %sql cell

I am trying to write a code for Error Handling in Databricks notebook in case of a SQL magic cell failure. I have a %sql cell followed by some python code in next cells. I want to abort the notebook if the query in %sql cell fails. To do so I am look...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @pjain  We haven't heard from you since the last response from @daniel_sahal â€‹, and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.  A...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
GC-James
by Contributor II
  • 17 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Lost memory when using dbutils

Why does copying a 9GB file from a container to the /dbfs lose me 50GB of memory? (Which doesn't come back until I restarted the cluster)

• 17 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
AdrianP
New Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Hi James,Did you get to the bottom of this? We are experiencing the same issue, and all the suggested solutions don't seem to work.Thanks,Adrian

• 5 kudos
16 More Replies
Vadim1
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Error on Azure-Databricks write RDD to storage account with wsabs://

Hi, I'm trying to write data from RDD to the storage account:Adding storage account key:spark.conf.set("fs.azure.account.key.y.blob.core.windows.net", "myStorageAccountKey")Read and write to the same storage:val path = "wasbs://x@y.blob.core.windows....

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
TheoDeSo
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hello @Vadim1 and @User16764241763. I'm wondering if you find a way to avoid adding the hardcoded key in the advanced options spark config section in the cluster configuration. Is there a similar command to spark.conf.set("spark.hadoop.fs.azure.accou...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Dataengineers
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks and oracle

Does databricks has an oracle connector or it uses odbc?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Tharun-Kumar
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@Dataengineers You could use the JDBC connector to connect to Oracle. This is also documented here - https://docs.databricks.com/external-data/jdbc.html

• 0 kudos
Viren123
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

User entry via portal/UI

Hello Experts,We have data bricks on Azure. We need to provide a user interface to users so that some customizing table entries can be entered by end users which in turn are saved in the Delta table. Is there any feature in Databricks or tools that w...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
prashant_kumar
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi Viren,We are also looking for solution to a similar problem. what did you end up doing in this case?

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
jdobken
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 11 kudos

As the Databricks account manager; I cannot login: "Your user already belongs to a Databricks account"

On GCP I subscribed to Databricks in one project within the organization.Then I canceled this subscription and subscribed to Databricks in another project.When I try to login onto the newly subscribed databricks with google SSO:> There was an error s...

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.32.30
  • 8 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 11 kudos

I can see the issue might be related to organizations or billing accounts. The new Databricks project I tried creating was on a different organization/billing-account than the test Databricks subscription I created a month back.I went back to the ori...

• 11 kudos
7 More Replies
Jay_rockstar
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data Migration

I am looking for a solution for Data Migration.Want to connect SFTP Server to Databricks to New Platform(Don't Want ADF in between)Is it possible?

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Distributed_Com
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Location not empty but not a Delta table

I need help or insight regarding the following errors. My instructors (Brooke Wenig with Conor Murphy) ran this code successfully on our course video, but I cannot replicate what she did. Here is the code and below it is the outcome from my Cours...

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
gilo12
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

DELETE the original Parquet table as a separate statementHow can this be done? simple query "DROP TABLE .... " still failing with "cannot be found" 

• 6 kudos
5 More Replies
Chaitanya_Raju
by Honored Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating new group

Can someone help me by providing steps for creating a new group, as I could not able to find it anywhere? Actually, I wanted to create a new group for Hyderabad, India which I could not able to find in the Groups sections.@Kaniz Fatma​ @Sujitha Ramam...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi, To request a Group be created, please fill out the form linked, and the Community Team will be in touch in 3 business days.   

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Siravich
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permission on Unity catalog

I am facing an issue when assign permission on view created on unity catalog. The problem is I had create a user defined function (UDFs) in order to encrypt sensitive column, I create a view which call the functions and source table within the catalo...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors