cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
Dive into the world of machine learning on the Databricks platform. Explore discussions on algorithms, model training, deployment, and more. Connect with ML enthusiasts and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Edition Login Issues Below is a list of troubleshooting steps for failing to login with email/password at community.cloud.databricks.com:   ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Community Edition Login Issues

Below  is a list of troubleshooting steps for failing to login with email/password at community.cloud.databricks.com:

Troubleshooting Tips

• Signing up for a Databricks trial will not give you access to Community Edition

• Note: If you never chose this ^ gray linked option upon sign in, you are not participating in the Databricks Community Edition.

If you signed up before May 14, 2022 -

• Please confirm that the email you are using upon re-sign in has the correct upper/lowercase convention you used to sign up. Both the username part and the domain part are case-sensitive. The email upper/lowercasing you signed up with can be found in your initial welcome email:

• Ex: if you are trying to sign in as john.smith (instead of John.Smith) @domain.net, you will get an error.

• Your domain needs to be all lowercase:
    • For example, John.Smith@YAHOO.COM should be entered as: John.Smith@yahoo.com.

• And if your email domain is one of the following: @gmail.com, @googlemail.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, enter your email as all lower case, remove any dots, and remove any “+” signs and everything after the plus sign from the username/email address.
    • For example, if you signed up as John.Smith+work@gmail.com, you should login as: johnsmith@gmail.com

If you are still running into issues, your workspace might be locked temporarily because of unusual activity, please reach out to feedback@databricks.com.

Thank you!

72 REPLIES 72

christys
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Andrés Mesa​ @Toon Weyens​ - We're sorry to hear that you're having log in issues on Community Edition! If you are still not able to log in after going through the updated troubleshooting tips in the above post, kindly email feedback@databricks.com, and our Technical Team can help you from there. Many thanks!

xxl4tomxu98
New Contributor III

Hi I have the same problem for a few months now. Perhaps related to May 2022 event? Anyways, I could not login my community edition site with the old password and can not reset password(got busy sign every time trying to reset password), my email is txu@guidehouse.com

@-mention @Linds @Kaniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tom Xu​ Sorry to hear this has been going on for so long.

If you are still not able to log in after going through the updated troubleshooting tips listed above, please email feedback@databricks.com.

Someone will be in touch with you via email so we don't expose any of your private data here in this thread. Thanks!

MikeW
New Contributor III
Still an issue for me as well. 3 months I think now can’t get in.

Yeah, this is really painful. I even tried to call the offices and left messages and did not receive a reply.😥

MikeW
New Contributor III
I’ve never experienced an issue that’s so simple take so long to resolve even for a free/community version.

Ditto very sad.

shirishpatne
New Contributor II

Hi there - I'm locked out of my community edition account, and when I try to reset the password it never get changed/upgraded. How can I get my account unlocked please?

MikeW
New Contributor III
Been locked out for something like six months. Just unbelievable.

dibo
New Contributor II

https://community.cloud.databricks.com/login.html

I can't login this website with correct's username & password, Can you tell why?

Need to do what so that I can login this website , Thanks

Veronika
New Contributor III

I have a similar problem, I cannot login to my community edition account. I get password reset link, but it does not work - after password reset I am just redirected to the login page saying "Invalid email address or password", and neither the old nor the new password works.

Sinead
New Contributor II

Hi, why do I keep getting locked out of my Community Edition Account?

I use Databricks Community Edition for college work and every time I try to log in, I find that I am locked out of my account, despite using the correct username and password. I get the message "You entered an invalid email or password, or your workspace access is locked because of unusual activity. For help, see Community Edition Login Issues". I then request to reset my password, but I never get the email to reset it. I have now made 3 separate accounts to keep up with the work in class when I'm locked out and I have been locked out of all of them now. How can I fix issue and stop repeatedly being locked out? I need to use this soon for an assignment and I'm afraid I'll lose my work.

Rajesh_Verma
New Contributor II

I am unable to login on my community version login id grarjesh.verma, Please resolved this issue asap since I am doing POC

We had been waiting for over 8 months, and you want to have it fixed now? I don’t count on it, I think Databricks has totally abandoned this product

Sinead
New Contributor II

The only way around this that I have found is to create a new account with a new email, and only log into databricks community edition in an incognito tab. I have also made sure that I have not tried to log into databricks in another tab while I am already logged in. This has worked for me anyway and I have not gotten locked out of this new account yet.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group