Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid catalog and schema for table name error when creating a Feature Store

animadurkar
New Contributor III

I've created a dataset that I want to create a feature store table for. I created a database in my dev unity catalog to store the feature tables, but each time I try to create the table I get this error:

ValueError: Invalid catalog 'dev' or schema 'feature_stores' name for table 'my_table'.

I've even tried saving the dataframe as a delta table and then registering the table as a feature store, but that also yields the same error.

Any tips? I can't seem to find anything online that helps this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Feature store doesn't work so far with Unity Catalog. It's coming soon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Feature store doesn't work so far with Unity Catalog. It's coming soon.

Oogh5zai1
New Contributor II

Hello,

The error message suggests that there might be an issue with the catalog or schema name you are using when trying to create the feature store table. Here are a few tips to help you troubleshoot this problem:

Verify the catalog and schema names: Double-check the names of the catalog and schema you are using. Make sure they are spelled correctly and match the names you provided when setting up your environment or configuring the feature store.

Check the permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to create tables in the specified catalog and schema. If you are using a shared environment or working with a team, check if there are any restrictions or access control policies that could be causing the issue.

Confirm the existence of the catalog and schema: Validate that the catalog 'dev' and the schema 'feature_stores' actually exist in your database. You can use the appropriate commands or queries to list the available catalogs and schemas in your environment.

Test with a different catalog or schema: As a troubleshooting step, try creating the table in a different catalog or schema to see if the issue persists. This can help identify if the problem is specific to the 'dev' catalog or 'feature_stores' schema.

Review the documentation or seek support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, consult the documentation or reach out to the support channels provided by the technology or framework you are using. They may have specific guidelines or known issues related to creating feature store tables.

Remember to provide relevant information, such as the technology stack, version numbers, and any relevant code snippets, when seeking assistance from online forums or support channels. This will help others understand your environment better and provide more accurate solutions. My BK Experience

Best regard,

Oogh5zai1

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.