Training Offerings
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error when creating table in Apache Spark course

DatBoi
Contributor

I have just started the Apache Spark course through the Databricks Academy and am running into the following error.

When I run the command:

%sql
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS events
USING parquet OPTIONS (path "/mnt/training/ecommerce/events/events.parquet");

I get the error message:
Error in SQL statement: AzureException: hadoop_azure_shaded.com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature.

I have ran the setup line and when I run %fs mounts I see the training file. I am new to mounts and this course so I am not sure what is going on. The exact notebook I am working in in ASP 1.2 - Databricks Platform.

Someone please help.
6 REPLIES 6

DatBoi
Contributor

Even when I try to look at the files in the directory I get the same message. As shown in the image attached.

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@DatBoi 

I see that it's not only you who have this problem. Users were raising this issue several times. 

@Kanizis there any possibility to push Training team to fix that? I saw that someone was raising the ticket last month but still nothing happened.

For ref: https://community.databricks.com/t5/certifications/databricks-academy-course-issue-apache-spark-prog... 

Hi @daniel_sahal, If this is a course error, the training team will help us fix it. I have notified them to let us wait for their assistance.

Is there any other way to get the dbc file? The previous post mentioned it was possible to get it through GitHub but apparently that repo is deleted now. The course is not as effective without be able to participate in the labs. I would try and find a different course but databricks seems to be only one of the only thorough courses on spark. Please let me know the timeline of this issue.

APadmanabhan

Hi @DatBoi The dbc files can be downloadable from the course itself, please login to the academy and you will find it in there.

Did you not read the post and the replies? I have the dbc file downloaded but there is an internal error with the setup line. I am not the only person with this issue as there are multiple posts outlining the same issue. Some of those posts were months ago. It is a shame that a company like databricks has let an issue like this persist for months that ruins the hands-on portion of their course.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.