cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

andre_rizzatti
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQLWarehouse Case INsensitive

Good morning, is there any parameter or configuration that causes all my data to be consulted without case distinction? insensitive?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
raphaelblg
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello @andre_rizzatti,  At the current moment SQL Warehouses don't have this option. This feature is coming soon.  

• 0 kudos
amelia1
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local pyspark read data using jdbc driver returns column names only

Hello,I have an Azure sql warehouse serverless instance that I can connect to using databricks-sql-connector. But, when I try to use pyspark and jdbc driver url, I can't read or write.See my code belowdef get_jdbc_url(): # Define your Databricks p...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @amelia1, The error messages you provided indicate that there might be a problem with the log4j configuration and formatting. Additionally, the repeated column names suggest that there might be an issue with how the data is being retrieved. Her...

• 0 kudos
mbhakta
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Change Databricks Connection on Power BI (service)

We're creating a report with Power BI using data from our AWS Databricks workspace. Currently, I can view the report on Power BI (service) after publishing. Is there a way to change the data source connection, e.g. if I want to change the data source...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Srushti
New Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Have you got any solution for this?

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
diego_poggioli
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Nested subquery is not supported in the DELETE condition

According to the documentation the WHERE predicate in a DELETE statement should supports subqueries, including IN, NOT IN, EXISTS, NOT EXISTS, and scalar subqueries.if I try to run a query like:   DELETE FROM dev.gold.table AS trg WHERE EXISTS ( ...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Tejas2022
New Contributor
  • 2 kudos

@diego_poggioli Can you try selecting a 'year_month_version' column from the view instead of select * DELETE FROM dev.gold.table AS trg WHERE year_month_version IN (select year_month_version FROM v_distinct_year_month_version)  

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
Akshay_Petkar
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Truncated Data on Lakeview Dashboard

When we create a Lakeview dashboard, the visuals show truncated data. I want to create a dashboard using the entire dataset because the charts do not display the exact values needed for accurate analysis.

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
raphaelblg
Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hello @Akshay_Petkar , The FrontEnd (FE) rendering is a limit that determines what data we render on the FE that has been returned by the BackEnd (BE). Render all button allows you to render all the data on the FE that has been returned by the BE. Re...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
data_guy
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue while extracting value From Decimal Key is Json

Hi Guys,I have a JSON as the below structure where the key is as decimal.{ "5.0": { "a": "15.92", "b": 0.0, "c": "15.92", "d": "637.14" }, "0.0": { "a": "15.92", "b": 0.0, "c": "15.92", "d": "637.14" } }schema_of_json returns the following:STRUCT<`0....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
raphaelblg
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello @data_guy , I've performed a reproduction of your scenario and could successfully select all data. Please check screenshot below:      This is the source code: import json data_values = { "5.0": { "a": "15.92", "b": 0.0, "c":...

• 0 kudos
dalion
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Azure VNet Injection and Power BI

Need help in Azure Databricks VNet architecture with Power BI. Our Databricks setup is based on No Public IP. Does anyone has a architecture that can support the Databricks setup in VNet Injection and Power BI tool accessing the Databricks.

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
databricks_noob
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

happy to help further. email me or call me - takutz.hoshyam@gmail.com, +15123726322.

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
Billycheng
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Message when Creating Catalog

I am very new to DB. Can someone show me how to resolve the error below please? Assistant  The error message you're encountering indicates that when creating a catalog, you need to specify a managed storage location for it. This is a requirement in o...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
dkushari
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

If your root metastore bucket is not configured then you need to provide a managed location when creating a catalog in UC. https://docs.databricks.com/en/data-governance/unity-catalog/create-catalogs.html#create-a-catalog    

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Eric_Kieft
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Materialized Views GA and Azure Region Availability

Materialized views are currently public preview (as of May 2024).  Is there a planned date for GA?Also the limitations section for Azure notes: Databricks SQL materialized views are not supported in the South Central US and West US 2 regions.Will thi...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Eric_Kieft
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Thanks, Kaniz. Will this feature be available for these regions in the future?

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Mado
by Valued Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to get usage statistics from Databricks or SQL Databricks?

Hi, I am looking for a way to get usage statistics from Databricks (Data Science & Engineering and SQL persona). For example: I created a table. I want to know how many times a specific user queried that table.How many times a pipeline was triggered?...

• 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
hoffman
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

You can use System Tables, now available in Unity Catalog metastore, to create the views you described. https://docs.databricks.com/en/admin/system-tables/index.html

• 4 kudos
8 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remote Cache

SQL serverless now use cache even after termination thanks to the remote cache. You can benefit from 1 min auto-termination when still utilizing cache benefits.

remote_cache.png
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Thank you for sharing @Hubert-Dudek!!!!

• 1 kudos
youssefmrini
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Dataricks asset bundles is now Public preview

Databricks asset bundles, now in Public Preview, enable end-to-end data, analytics, and ML projects to be expressed as a collection of source files. This makes it simpler to apply data engineering best practices such as source control, code review, t...

Warehousing & Analytics
CICD
MachineLearning
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
avrm91
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Will a Databricks Asset Bunldes (DAB) implementation take place in the cloud (Browser - Workspace)?Personally, I work on a developer VM in a closed network where it is very difficult to install software (Databricks CLI) because it has to be requested...

• 1 kudos
Linglin
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Add Visualization in Notebook to Dashboard, how to set default add to Dashboard Bottom

I'm creating dashboard with multiple visualizations from a notebook.Whenever I add a new visualization, the default position in dashboard is top left which mess up all the format I did for previous graph. Is there a way to default add to the bottom o...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Linglin
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@shan_chandra I'm using Lakeview dashboard. In dbx notebook, there is Add to dashboard > button on the right of each visualization. It's super handy. Actually I have this issue solved. 

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Sudheer2
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Updating SQL Warehouse using Terraform

Manual ApproachWe can Update SQL Warehouse manually in Databricks.Click SQL Warehouses in the sidebarIn Advanced optionsWe can find Unity Catalog toggle button there! While Updating Existing SQL Warehouse in Azure to enable unity catalog using terraf...

warehouse error.png
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Sudheer2
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hello Raphael,Thank you for the update and for looking into the feature request. I appreciate your efforts in following up on this matter.If possible, could you please provide me with any updates or insights you receive from the Terraform team regard...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
harripy
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AWS Databricks SQL to support TABLE rename

We have been evaluating Databricks SQL and its capability to be used as DW. We are using Unity catalog in our implementation.There seems to be a functionality mismatch between Azure and AWS versions as where table rename is supported on Azure side, i...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
harripy
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

This seems to be fixed now

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors