cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dashboard programmatical update

pawelzak
New Contributor III

Hi,

The question that I would like to answer is: How can one replicate dashboards across different environments? Ideally I would like to be able to store the definition of a dashboard in my repository and upload it to Databricks with code: this could be API, SDK, Terraform, anything that will work.

How can I do that? I tried the following:

1. databricks api post /api/2.0/preview/sql/dashboards/$dashboard_id --json @file.json
    But it does not update the widgets
  2. databricks api get /api/2.0/workspace/export --json '{"path": "/Shared/example_dashboard"}'
    Got the following result: "Error: dbsqlDashboard is not user-facing."

This is a fundamental functionality for the dashboards to be useful, if its not available right away, maybe there is a preview I could apply for?

Apologies for creating duplicate tickets, but I've observed that follow-up questions often go unanswered in the Databricks community threads and this issue is critical for my organisation.

Regards,

Pawel

2 REPLIES 2

shan_chandra
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@pawelzak  - The Dashboards can not be exported using workspace /export API. 

@shan_chandra Thanks but this does not answer my question

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!