cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to install jdbc8.jar

DataEnginerrOO
New Contributor III

Hi,
I am attempting to connect to an Oracle server. I tried to install the 
ojdbc8.jar library, but I encountered an error: "Library installation attempted on the driver node of cluster 0718-101257-h5k9c5ud failed. Please refer to the following error message to resolve the issue or contact Databricks support. Error Code: DRIVER_LIBRARY_INSTALLATION_FAILURE. Error Message: com.databricks.api.base.DatabricksServiceException: BAD_REQUEST: DBFS library installations are not supported on DBR 15 or above."

Any idies? thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

2 and 3 didn’t work for me.

maybe 1 will, so I would like to get more details. Right now, I have opened a cluster with Dbr 14.2, and it seems to be fine. However, it might be helpful to get more details about the first method.

Thank you

I really appreciate your answer but because I am using 14.2 so I succeed to import that library via the ui, I meant that I would like to get some information about how to import it with 15+ version

Do I need to use it in the cluster configuration? I will try it tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you

i get another error:

spark.databricks.driver.dbfsLibraryInstallationAllowed should be boolean, but was true.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group