cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Iceberg table present in S3 from databricks console using spark given none error .

vinaykumar
New Contributor III

Hi Team ,

I am facing issue while reading iceberg table from S3 and getting none error when read the data .

below steps I followed .

1. Added Iceberg Spark connector library to your Databricks cluster.

2. Cluster Configuration to Enable Iceberg

spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog.warehouse /icebergpoc/

spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog.type hadoop

spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog org.apache.iceberg.spark.SparkCatalog

3.created Spark session and configure it to use the Iceberg Spark connector:

from pyspark.sql import SparkSession

spark = SparkSession.builder.appName("myApp").getOrCreate()

# Configure the Iceberg Spark catalog

spark.conf.set("spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog", "org.apache.iceberg.spark.SparkSessionCatalog")

spark.conf.set("spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog.type", "hadoop")

spark.conf.set("spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog.uri", "s3://agilent-aws-dev-35-enterprise-analytics/it_share/data/current/IT/HANA/LCA/T_LCA_ZLCA_IB_MASTER/metadata/")

4. Load the Iceberg table as a DataFrame using the spark.read.format()

df = spark.read.format("iceberg").load("s3://agilent-aws-dev-35-enterprise-analytics/it_share/data/current/IT/HANA/LCA/T_LCA_ZLCA_IB_MASTER/")

getting Error .

imageIceberg table folder Structure

image Can you please look into issue and help me to resolve it .

4 REPLIES 4

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please expand the error and provide the details here.

Please tag @Debayan​ with your next comment so that I will get notified. Thank you!

Ambesh
New Contributor III

Could someone please post the solution, I am stuck in a similar issue. My Iceberg table is created by a separate spark sql script and now i need to read the Iceberg tables(created outside of databricks) from my Databricks notebook.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ambesh and @vinaykumar,

Here are a few things you could check:

Permissions: Ensure that your Spark session has the necessary permissions to access the S3 bucket where your Iceberg table is stored.

Table Existence: Verify that the Iceberg table exists at the specified location in your S3 bucket.

Iceberg Version: Check the version of Iceberg you’re using. There might be compatibility issues with certain versions of Spark and Iceberg.

Error Message: Please provide the specific error message you’re seeing. This could give more insight into what might be going wrong.

Ambesh
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz 
I am using Databricks Runtime 10.4 ( Spark 3.2 ), so I have downloaded “iceberg-spark-runtime-3.2_2.12”
Also the table exists in the S3 bkt. 
The error msg is:  java.util.NoSuchElementException: None.get
I am also attaching a screenshot for reference.