Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I aggregate over more data, I get the below error message. I've tried multiple ways of diagnosis like going back to a version I know it was w...

User16618471166
New Contributor II

When I aggregate over more data, I get the below error message. I've tried multiple ways of diagnosis like going back to a version I know it was working fine (but still got the same error below). Please advise as this is a critical report where the business I support highly depend on on a monthly basis. Thank!

Error shown below:

This visualization cannot be shown. Please refresh the visualization or update its configuration.

Error in SQL statement: ParseException:

[PARSE_SYNTAX_ERROR] Syntax error at or near end of input(line 102, pos 85)

3 REPLIES 3

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please elaborate a little more on the use case here and the ask?

Also, please tag @Debayan​ with your next response so that I will be notified. Thanks!

User16618471166
New Contributor II

it appears to be something in the aggregation logic in Notebook environment and I think it just got fixed.. thx for your help Debayan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff Wu​ :

The error message suggests that there is a syntax error in a SQL statement, specifically near the end of the input. Without the full SQL statement or additional information, it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the error. However, here are some general tips that could help you troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check for typos or syntax errors: Look for any typos or syntax errors in the SQL statement, especially near the end of the input. You can try copying the statement to a SQL editor or IDE to help identify any syntax errors.
  2. Check for missing or extra parentheses: Make sure that all parentheses are properly matched and that there are no missing or extra parentheses.
  3. Check for missing or extra commas: Similarly, make sure that all commas are properly placed and that there are no missing or extra commas.
  4. Check for missing or extra quotes: Check for missing or extra quotes around strings or date values.
  5. Check for data issues: If the error only occurs when you aggregate over more data, it could be due to data issues such as missing or invalid values.
  6. Check the data types: Make sure that the data types of the columns being aggregated match the expected data types.
  7. Check for recent changes: If the error started occurring after recent changes to the SQL statement or the data, try reverting those changes and see if the error goes away.

If none of these suggestions help, it may be helpful to provide more context or details about the specific SQL statement and data being used, so that others can better understand the issue and provide more targeted suggestions.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.