Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

nadia
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Executor heartbeat timed out

Hello, I'm trying to read a table that is located on Postgreqsl and contains 28 million rows. I have the following result:"SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 0.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 0.3 in sta...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Boumaza nadia​ ,Did you check the executor 3 logs when the cluster was active? if you get this error message again, I will highly recommend to check the executor's logs to be sure on what was the cause of the issue.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
WayneDeleersnyd
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! ipywidgets not working in DBR 11.0 on Community Edition

I'm looking forward to using ipywidgets which should be working in DBR 11.0 as they provide more options when creating a notebook UI. I saw that DBR 11.0 is available as of yesterday so I created a test cluster in the Databricks Community Edition ju...

DBR11_ipywidget
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752242622
Valued Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Wayne Deleersnyder​ I was able to import ipywidgets in DBR 11.0. As you can see in the output below. The slider is visibleYou are facing this issue probably because the community edition has limited access. To get all the features you should at l...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
THIAM_HUATTAN
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

pd.read_csv failed

https://i.imgur.com/PAGzSr9.png

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
THIAM_HUATTAN
Valued Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Thanks for your kind reply:Below works for me:https://imgur.com/BmMzatIBut why, as you mentioned, using the classic path, below does not work?https://imgur.com/Ba1a4Iv

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
as999
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DBrick workspace URL block outside the corporate network?

As per security concern, need to restrict/block the dbricks workspace url outside the corporate network. Tried below ip access list, it able to restrict only user login access out the corporate network but still the workspace id url is live outside t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @as999​ Hope everything is going great!Does @Atanu Sarkar​'s  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
flachboard
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

How do you install R packages?

I've tried this, but it doesn't appear to be working: https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001GHVX1CAP/unable-to-install-sf-and-rgeos-r-packages-on-the-clusterWhen I run the following after that init script, I receive an error.library(r...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hey there @Christopher Flach​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear fr...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
joel_iemma
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! A void column was created after connecting to cosmos

Hi everyone, I have connected to Cosmos using this tutorial https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-java/tree/main/sdk/cosmos/azure-cosmos-spark_3_2-12/Samples/DatabricksLiveContainerMigrationAfter creating a table using a simple SQL command:CREATE TA...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @Joel iemma​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you would be happy to mark an answer as best for us, please? It would be really helpful for the other members too.Cheers!

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Ashley1
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! JDBC Connectivity via workspace url when No Public IP selected.

Hi All, I think I might be missing something in regard to No Pubic IP Clusters. I have set this option on a workspace (Azure) and setup the appropriate subnets. To my surprise, when I went to setup a JDBC connection to the cluster the JDBC connec...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @Ashley Betts​ Hope you are well. Just wanted to see if you were able to find an answer to your question and would you like to mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too.Cheers!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Kash
by Contributor III
  • 19 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! HELP! Converting GZ JSON to Delta causes massive CPU spikes and ETL's take days!

Hi there,I was wondering if I could get your advise.We would like to create a bronze delta table using GZ JSON data stored in S3 but each time we attempt to read and write it our clusters CPU spikes to 100%. We are not doing any transformations but s...

• 19 replies
  • 13 kudos
Latest Reply
Kash
Contributor III
  • 13 kudos

Hi Kaniz,Thanks for the note and thank you everyone for the suggestions and help. @Joseph Kambourakis​ I aded your suggestion to our load but I did not see any change in how our data loads or the time it takes to load data. I've done some additional ...

• 13 kudos
18 More Replies
amichel
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Recommended way to integrate MongoDB as a streaming source

Current state:Data is stored in MongoDB Atlas which is used extensively by all servicesData lake is hosted in same AWS region and connected to MongoDB over private link Requirements:Streaming pipelines that continuously ingest, transform/analyze and ...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Alex Michel​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from the community members, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Ot...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
thushar
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to install wheel package from git repo

Using VS code for development and a wheel package is created for shipment.We put this wheel package in Azure data lake storage and ADB notebook accessed this wheel package and installed it in the cluster. It is working fine. But instead of keeping th...

image.png
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Thushar R​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
pbezz
by New Contributor III
  • 12 replies
  • 15 kudos

Visualisation libraries does not work on Databricks

Why is it that certain Python visualisation libraries do not work on Databricks? I am trying to install (via pip) and work with some data visualisation libraries - they work perfectly in a normal Jupyter Notebook but not on a Databricks notebook envi...

• 12 replies
  • 15 kudos
Latest Reply
pbezz
New Contributor III
  • 15 kudos

No switched to using html widgets.

• 15 kudos
11 More Replies
Bittu6084
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! How can we alter table with auto increment column for a delta table

How can we alter table with auto increment column for a delta tableI have tried this but not working:ALTER TABLE dbgtpTest.student ADD COLUMN Student_Id identity(100,1)any Suggestions will be helpful

• 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Bittu6084 (Customer)​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help?

• 5 kudos
5 More Replies
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error during setup of cluster

Unexpected Launch Failure: An unexpected error was encountered while setting up the cluster. Please retry and contact Azure Databricks if the problem persists. Internal error message: Timeout while placing node.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Will1
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Ensure that CNO$ account has Full Control on the CNO and The computers container;Add CNO$ account (CNO computer object) in Local Admins group;Finally, add CNO$ in Domain Admins group.Regards,Willjoe

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Hemant
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Is there any way to use key vault on offline environment azure databricks?

We are working for client in offline environment(VM is private) azure databricks, we store some credentials in azure key vault, since azure databricks is run on offline environment, i am unable to create secret scopes on azure databricks, it always t...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Hemant
Valued Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ apologies for the delayed response, I earlier mentioned that the data bricks run in a private environment which means no connectivity to InterNet, I already followed the link you have shared but didn't get the result. Either I have t...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors