Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

smanchem
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 9 kudos

Resolved! AWS Private Link for DB workspace

What's the best way to set up a private link connection to Databricks without loosing the current settins? workspace

• 5 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 9 kudos

At the data and AI summit, there was a nice talk about AWS private link. Here is a link if you have access:https://dataaisummit.com/session-virtual/?v2477da705118cc74fd14460db021e1784e2eed5a7982c6482ec95cb2e86d259644b8741959f52a49e0e6908b82a9d860=C22...

• 9 kudos
4 More Replies
Kaher
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Karina Her​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Ralph David Lagos​ and @YOHAN Baselto​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it ...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Deepak_Goldwyn
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! DLT Pipeline and Job Cluster

We have written few python functions(methods within a class) and packaged them as a wheel library.In the as-is situation we use to install that wheel library in All-Purpose cluster that we already have created. It works fine.In the to-be situtation(D...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
tomasz
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Does it give you an error when running the DLT pipeline specifically on the %pip command or does it not work in some other way? If it's the former, could you share the path format that you're using for the %pip command path?

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
ishantjain194
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BEGINNER

Hey i am beginner and i am intrested to learn data engineering path for azure databrics.Can some one please provide some guidance

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @ishant jain​, The Databricks Data Science and Engineering guide provide how-to guidance to help you get the most out of the Databricks collaborative analytics platform. For tutorials and introductory information, see Get started with Databricks a...

• 0 kudos
TufanRakshit
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Tufan Rakshit​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Rama Krishna N​, and I was checking back to see if you were able to answer his question. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be help...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
RicksDB
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Restricting file upload to DBFS

Hi,Is it possible to restrict upload files to dfbs root (Since everyone has access) ? The idea is to force users to use an ADLS2 mnt with credential passthrough for security reasons.Also, right now users use azure blob explorer to interact with ADLS2...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @E H​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Arvind Ravish​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.Also, p...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
suman9872
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to dynamically convert Spark DataFrame to Nested json using Spark Scala

I want to convert the DataFrame to nested json. Sourse Data:-DataFrame have data value like :- As image 2 Expected Output:-I have to convert DataFrame value to Nested Json like : -As image 1Appreciate your help !

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Suman Mishra​, This article explains how to convert a flattened DataFrame to a nested structure by nesting a case class within another case class.You can use this technique to build a JSON file that can then be sent to an external API.

• 1 kudos
tonykun
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

A dumb general question - why databricks no support java REPL?

I'm a new student to programming world, have strong interest in data engineering and databricks technology. I've tried this product, the UI, notebook, dbfs are very user-friendly and powerful.Recently, a doubt came to my mind why databricks doesn't s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @tony gao​, Databricks doesn’t support the Java notebook execution directly. You can only run the notebook in R, Python, and Scala. However, there are two ways in which you can run the java code on the Azure Databricks cluster.1. Create a jar of j...

• 0 kudos
Debashis
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Can not log in to https://community.cloud.databricks.com/login.html

Hi , I created the community cloud account , even I got a mail for resetting password . But once I try to log in to https://community.cloud.databricks.com/login.html , it does not give error , but simple hanging for some time and again login screen ...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Debashis Mallick​, Thank you for reaching out!Let us look into this for you, and we'll check back with an update.Please share your relevant details as well as screenshots to community@databricks.com.

• 3 kudos
bala_kowsalya
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to get the normalized hours value for the Databricks EMR cluster?

Hi Hubert!I'm working on a usecase to get the compute usage stats. I used boto3 code and describe_cluster() function to get the normalized instance hours value for the EMR cluster. I would like to know if there is an equivalent for this normalized in...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Bala Kowsalya​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Hubert Dudek​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to other...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
sage5616
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Spark persistent view on a partition parquet file

In Spark, is it possible to create a persistent view on a partitioned parquet file in Azure BLOB? The view must be available when the cluster restarted, without having to re-create that view, hence it cannot be a temp view.I can create a temp view, b...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
sage5616
Valued Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Here is what worked for me. Hope this helps someone else: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/72913913/spark-persistent-view-on-a-partition-parquet-file/72914245#72914245CREATE VIEW test as select * from parquet.`/mnt/folder-with-parquet-file(s)/`@Hu...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
bdugar
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Creating permanent views from dataframes?

Hi:It's possible to create temp views in pyspark using a dataframe (df.createOrReplaceTempView()), and it's possible to create a permanent view in Spark SQL. But as far as I can tell, there is no way to create a permanent view from a dataframe, somet...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
bdugar
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi Kaniz:This is what I understood from the research I did, I was curious more as to why permanent views can't be created from dataframes and whether this is a feature that might be implemented by Databricks or Spark at some point. Temporary views ca...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
rk66
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.mca.gov.in

Today, the entire private limited company registration process and other regulatory filings are paperless; documents are filed electronically through the MCA website and is processed at the Central Registration Centre (CRC). Online Private Limited Co...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Simba ODBC datetime with millisecond overflows

Hello,Using odbc 2.6.24.1041-2 for Linux, when inserting rows with milliseconds precision date (e.g. 2022-07-03 13:57:48.500) precision I get:2022/07/03 14:41:19 SQLExecute: {22008} [Simba][Support] (40520) Datetime field overflow resulting from inva...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

I was passing a string (e.g. '2022-07-03 13:57:48.500') to the Golang SQL driver which is not working if the ms part is specified, but otherwise it works (e.g. '2022-07-03 13:57:48'). Passing a native Golang time.Time seems to work for timestamps wit...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
MadelynM
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

How do I move existing workflows and jobs running on an all-purpose cluster to a shared jobs cluster?

A Databricks cluster is a set of computation resources that performs the heavy lifting of all of the data workloads you run in Databricks. Databricks provides a number of options when you create and configure clusters to help you get the best perform...

Left navigation bar selecting Data Science & Engineering Left nav Workflows selected Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.24.37 AM Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.24.46 AM
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Madelyn Mullen​ , Thank you for sharing such an excellent and informative post. We hope to see these very often.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors