Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Rex
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Cannot use prepared statements with date functions

We are using PHP and the Databricks SQL ODBC driver and cannot run a query that users DATE functions with prepared statements. Sample script/docker setup here:https://github.com/rlorenzo/databricks_php/blob/odbc_prepare_error/test_connection.phpFor e...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Rex Lorenzo​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Bilal Aslam​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others....

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
Mohit_m
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Job is failing with exception ClientAuthenticationError: DefaultAzureCredential failed to retrieve a token from the included credentials.

ClientAuthenticationError: DefaultAzureCredential failed to retrieve a token from the included credentials.Attempted credentials:EnvironmentCredential: EnvironmentCredential authentication unavailable. Environment variables are not fully configured.V...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Mohit_m
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Below docs are for reference:https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python/blob/main/sdk/identity/azure-identity/migration_guide.mdthere was a suggestion given to usefrom azure.common.credentials import ServicePrincipalCredentialsinstead offrom azure...

• 1 kudos
Users-all
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! xml module not found error

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'com.databricks.spark.xml'I'm using Azure databricks, and I've added what I think is the correct library, Status InstalledCoordinatecom.databricks:spark-xml_2.12:0.13.0

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Christian Hamson​ , We haven't heard from you since my last response, and I was checking to see if my suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Also, please don't...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Christina_Marx
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! New LMS: What happened to the Developer Badges and Capstones which were in the old portal?

I was still busy with the Developer Foundations capstone. I received the Developer essentials badge, and was going to do the ILT and capstone for the Solutions Architect Badge in Jan 2022. Then we got the notice about the Academy migration, and I dec...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Christina Marx​ , We haven't heard from you since my last response, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Also, please do...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
lsoewito
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to configure Databricks Connect to 'Assume Role' when accessing file from an AWS S3 bucket?

I have a Databricks cluster configured with an instance profile to assume role when accessing an AWS S3 bucket.Accessing the bucket from the notebook using the cluster works properly (the instance profile can assume role to access the bucket).However...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @lsoewito​ , We haven't heard from you since my last response, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Also, please don't fo...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! The job fails with HTTP 403

My jobs that are running for more than 48 hours are failing with HTTP 403 error

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
willjoe
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Check for URL errors and make sure you're specifying an actual web page file name and extension, not just a directory. Most websites are configured to disallow directory browsing, so a 403 Forbidden message when trying to display a folder instead of ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
chinoiserie
by New Contributor II
  • 13 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! 406 error code

https://databricks.com/try-databricks not acceptable, 406 error codeWhat should I do?

• 13 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
willjoe
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

How Do I Fix HTTP 406 Not Acceptable?Troubleshooting on the Client-Side.Check Your URL. Rollback Recent Upgrades.Uninstall New Extensions, Modules, or Plugins.Check for Unexpected Database Changes. Troubleshooting on the Server-Side. Check the Config...

• 5 kudos
12 More Replies
spdteng
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Voucher code error

Hi,I received a voucher in Nov 2020 for 'Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 exam' with an expiry date in Nov 2022. However I receive an error stating the promotion code is used. I have never used the code. Any idea who to c...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
willjoe
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

If your voucher code is not working, it could be due to the following reasons:The voucher code has expiredProducts in your shopping cart are not eligible for the discountTerms and conditions are not metIf applying a "new user only voucher" and our sy...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Atul_Sharan
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Error Code: 3206 - Processed HTTP request failed.

The ADF(Azur Data Factory) pipelines jobs executing several Databricks Notebook activities in parallel have been failing regularly with the following error "Error Code: 3206 - Processed HTTP request failed." The issue gets resolved on its own upon re...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
willjoe
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Method 1 - Close Conflicting Programsdown voteWhen you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting program...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Pavan1
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Does Spark MLlib support Generalized Additive Modeling? How does one go about implementing GAM models in Spark?

I want to implement GAM (Generalized additive model) model in Spark. Based on my research on online forums, I could not find the implementation of GAM models on Spark. Has anyone in this community attempted this? Does Spark MLlib support GAM?

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Pavan1
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​, thanks for sharing this. We ended up using pyGAM library in Python for this. This PDF is a good introduction. I will share my learnings once we complete our experiments.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
BradSheridan
by Valued Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Add custom tags to DLT cluster

We have a policy in our AWS account that whenever an EC2 instance is created, there are 5 mandatory tags that need to be added. When we create an All-Purpose cluster in the Databricks console, we can easily add these under Advance Options > Tags. How...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
BradSheridan
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Tomasz Bacewicz​ Perfect!! worked like a charm...thank you!!do you think auto loader or DLT is a better approach to implementing a CDC pipeline in Databricks?

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
abhay_sud
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Delta Live Table Pipeline Load Error

I am getting this error when running Delta Live Table Pipelines pulling from a source in our sandbox's local dbfs folder. It says the user is not authorized to perform this operation, whereas I am able to see the data when I run a simple select state...

image image image
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hey there @Abhay Sudhakaran​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution and mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear fr...

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
RKNutalapati
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jobs API "run now" - How to set task wise parameters

I have a job with multiple tasks like Task1 -> Task2 -> Task3. I am trying to call the job using api "run now". Task details are belowTask1 - It executes a Note Book with some input parametersTask2 - It runs using "ABC.jar", so its a jar based task ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@Rama Krishna N​ you can refer here https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/jobs.html#operation/JobsRunNow"jar_params": [ "john", "doe", "35" ],   "notebook_params": { "name": "john doe", "age": "35" },

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors