Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I add static tag values in the aws databricks-multi-workspace.template.yaml

nramya
New Contributor

Hello Team,

I have a databricks workspace running on an AWS environment. I have a requirement where the team wanted to add a few customized  tags 

as per the docs I see below the recommendation

TagValue:
Description: All new AWS objects get a tag with the key name. Enter a value to identify all new AWS objects that this template creates. For more information, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws_tagging.html.
MinLength: '1'
Type: String
Default: databricks-quickstart-cloud-formation

In my case:

I tried below change in the databricks-multi-workspace.template.yaml but I dont see that its getting appended with the workspace. whats the best way to add tags for the databricks running on AWS? Can someone please advice?

Example:

Classification:
Type: String
Default: Internal

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nramya, You can use custom variables to make your bundle settings files more modular and reusable. You can declare a variable that represents the ID of an existing cluster and then change that variable's value to different cluster IDs for various workflow runs within multiple environments without changing your bundle settings filesโ€™ original code.