Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Databricks Unity Catalog Workshop

Thursday, September 12, 2024 | 9:00 AM-10:35 AM PT Effective governance is essential to democratizing data and AI in the age of LLMs and generative AI. Enterprises face challenges with fragmented governance across databases, warehouses, and lakes, c...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
a week ago
Upskill on Databricks in just an hour

Explore data and AI in 4 short videos In just one hour, you can get the free training you need to start using AI throughout your data processes. Find out how the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform democratizes data and AI for everyone in your orga...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
2 weeks ago
Join us at the Databricks Generative AI World Cup (Virtual Hackathon)

You're invited to join the Databricks Generative AI World Cup Virtual Hackathon, starting this week! Teams from all over the world, including Asia-Pacific & Japan, will tackle real-world challenges with cutting-edge Generative AI applications.  Why J...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
2 weeks ago
Supernovas, Black Holes and Streaming Data

A Journey in Space With Apache Kafka and the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform This blog post is a follow-up to the session From Supernovas to LLMs at Data + AI Summit 2024, where I demonstrated how anyone can consume and process publicly availab...

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos
2 weeks ago
Customizing your Models: RAG, Fine-Tuning, and Pre-Training

While there have been many incredible advancements in AI and Large Language models, there are many techniques that can be applied to make tailor these models and improve performance within a specific domain or task. This talk will guide users along ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
2 weeks ago
Data + AI World Tour 2024

Over 12,000 companies have adopted data intelligence. Join a tour stop near you to discover how Databricks can unlock your data and AI too. Find your city now!  Explore technologies Explore the latest advancements in the Databricks Data Intellige...

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos
07-23-2024

Community Activity

ramanuj
by > New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks Exam Got Suspended in Between

Hi @Cert-Bricks @Cert-Team,My Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate exam got suspended on 29th August, 2024 and it is in progress state.I was there continuously in front of the camera and suddenly the alert appeared, and support person asked m...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
emmalily
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi Ramanuj Trivedi,Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We understand the urgency and importance of completing your certification, especially with its impact on your project.Next Steps:Exam Review: We will escalate your case to the cer...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
brickster
by > New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot up cast sizeInBytes from string to bigint

I am creating a basic delta table using CREATE SQL queryCREATE TABLE test_transact (transaction_id string, post_date date)and running this query throws an error "Cannot up cast sizeInBytes from string to bigint"Even if I try to create a dataframe and...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
by > New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error installing datasets needed for LLM course

I signed up for this course via Databricks Academy : LLMs: Application through Production However I am getting this error when trying to download the needed datasets for the course:Installing datasets:| from "wasbs://courseware@dbacademy.blob.core.wi...

163050_0-1696757589160.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
david_for_db
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

You would need to install the python library. You can either:1) Run %pip install datasets2) Put it as part of the PyPi packages to load in your cluster This should solve your issue

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
EricMa
by > New Contributor III
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

Mounting Data IOException

Hello,I am currently taking a course from Coursera for data science using SQL. For one of our assignments we need to mount some data by running a script that has been provided to us by the class. When I run the script I receive the following error. I...

IOException.jpg IOException_Classroom-Setup.jpg
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
smdatainsights
New Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Any updates on this? I'm experiencing the same issue.

• 2 kudos
13 More Replies
Michael_Appiah
by > Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Granting Permission on Notification Destinations

We are trying to add Slack as a "Notification destination" under "Workspace Settings" in our Databricks workspace.However, there is no option to actually grant permission on that destination to define who gets to actually use that destination. This i...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
emmalily
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi,Databricks doesn't allow direct permissions management for Slack notification destinations. To control access:Create Private Channels: Use private Slack channels for notifications and only add relevant team members.Manage Roles: Use Databricks rol...

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
jayj_us
by > New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intellisense doesnt work most of the time

I have noticed that in the databricks SQL editor, the intellisense doesnt work most of the time. Is there a setting for this to work always. Its very anti productive to go look for table columns manually.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
florence023
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@jayj_us wrote:I have noticed that in the databricks SQL editor, the intellisense doesnt work most of the time. Official SiteIs there a setting for this to work always. Its very anti productive to go look for table columns manually.Hello,I understand...

• 0 kudos
leo-machado
by > New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refresh permission on Lakeview Dashboard

Hi folks!I'm sure I'm not the only one, but our users have the tendency to click the big Refresh button on all dashboards every time they open them.Using resources efficiently is something I value deeply, so our team came up with a schedule policy - ...

image (2).png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
holly
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @leo-machado this is a very reasonable request. It's not feasible right now, but I'll pass it on to the product team as I'm sure you're not the only one. 

• 0 kudos
AmandaOhare
by > New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Message queue to directly trigger job

Hi All,I'm very new to Databricks and trying to understand my use case a bit better.I have a databricks script / job that I want to be reactive to events outside of my databricks environment. A best case scenario would be if my script / job could aut...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Slash
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @AmandaOhare ,You can use AWS Lambda to achieve that. You can setup queue trigger that will activate AWS lambda function. In that function you can call datbricks rest API that will launch workflow/job.

• 0 kudos
talenik
by > New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to access dbfs in init script GCP databricks

Hi Everyone, I am trying to access DBFS files while cluster is starting in init script on GCP databricks, but I am not able to list files which are there on DBFS. I tried to download files from GCS bucket as well but init script throws timeout errors...

Data Engineering
Databricks
GCP databricks
spark
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jason34
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Hello,To access DBFS files or download from GCS bucket within a Databricks cluster's init script, consider the following approaches:Install Databricks Connect on your local machine. Connect to your Databricks cluster using Databricks Connect. Use the...

• 0 kudos
Meghana_Vasavad
by > New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assistance Required for Enabling Unity Catalog in Databricks Workspace

Hi,I hope this message finds you well.I am reaching out regarding a concern with Databricks Administrator privileges. I have an Azure subscription and I use Azure Databricks for my tutorials, but I currently do not have Global Administrator access, w...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Slash
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Meghana_Vasavad ,During initial setup of unity catalog you need to find a person with global administrator role of Entra ID tenant. It's one time action, because then he can give necessary permission to manage catalog to your account, or even bet...

• 0 kudos
Gubbanoa
by > New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pycharm and Unit Testing

What is currently the best way of doing unit testing from pycharm into databricks? I have previously used databricks connect. However after upgrades, and now that even unit catalog has become a requirement, it appears quirky. Is it possible to use th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
florence023
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@Gubbanoa wrote:What is currently the best way of doing unit testing from pycharm into databricks? I have previously used databricks connect. However after upgrades, and now that even unit catalog has become a requirement, it appears quirky. Is it po...

• 0 kudos
xecel
by > New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

import error with typing_extensions, issue with pyiceberg and pydantic

Hello All,I am currently working in a Databricks environment where I am trying to use the `pyiceberg` library to interact with Iceberg table metadata directly in Unity catalog enabled. However, I'm encountering an issue with package compatibility rel...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
ggsmith
by > New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT Streaming Schema and Select

I am reading JSON files written to adls from Kafka using dlt and spark.readStream to create a streaming table for my raw ingest data. My schema is two arrays at the top levelNewRecord array, OldRecord array. I pass the schema and I run a select on Ne...

Data Engineering
dlt
streaming
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ggsmith
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I did a full refresh from the delta tables pipeline and that fixed it. I guess it was remembering the first run where I just had the top level arrays as two columns in the table. 

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
jg
by > New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

build failed

hi everyone.I'm trying to deploy my first databricks project. getting this error when I try to deploy with the command databricks bundle deploy$ Building my_project...Error: build failed my_project, error: exit status 1, output: usage: setup.py [glob...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
jwu1
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accessing Databricks Academy

Logging into Databricks Academy  Login using one of the following portals Customer link: https://customer-academy.databricks.com/learnPartner link: https://partner-academy.databricks.com/learn Click Sign in at the top right corner  It is recommende...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
data_driver
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

your databricks SSO is messed up. Storing CPU Ids and browser Ids as part of data collection and not following CPPA regulations. I have seen some posts in social media about these issues with databricks.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group
Top Kudoed Authors

Latest from our Blog

Re-ingesting Data with Auto Loader

So imagine, you are a Data Engineer using Databricks Auto Loader to ingest data from cloud storage, when you suddenly realize that recently ingested data has some problem and you’d like to simply dele...

102Views 1kudos

CI/CD Integration with Databricks Workflows

CICD with Databricks Asset Bundles, Workflows and Azure DevOps In this article you will learn how to set up Databricks Workflows with CI/CD. There are two essential components needed for a comple...

738Views 6kudos