cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Page Title

Welcome to the Databricks Community

Discover the latest insights, collaborate with peers, get help from experts and make meaningful connections

103760members
54257posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Databricks Community Social - May 2024

Are you ready to enhance your socializing adventure? Our Monthly Community Social is here.   Date: May 23, 2024 Time: 8.30 PM IST | 8 AM PT Location: Virtual Event (Link to join) What's in Store for You?   Exciting Icebreaker Activities Engaging Disc...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Wednesday
🔔 Attention Databricks Academy Users: SSO Implementation Incoming! Secure Your Account Today!

Mark your calendars for May 18th! A new Single Sign-On (SSO) user experience is on the horizon for both Customer and Partner Academy platforms. To ensure the utmost security for your account, it's essential to take action now. Please see the instruc...

• 41 replies
  • 4 kudos
a week ago
Announcing the General Availability of Databricks Asset Bundles

Get started with Databricks Asset Bundles (DABs) today! Simplify project management, versioning, testing, and deployment for your data and AI projects on the Databricks Platform. Embrace software engineering best practices with DABs—source control, c...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
3 weeks ago
How to successfully build GenAI applications

The Big Book of Generative AI brings together best practices and know-how for building production-quality GenAI applications. You’ll find technical content and code samples that will help you do everything from deploying your first application to bui...

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
3 weeks ago

Community Activity

Avinash_Narala
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Deployment in Marketplace

Hi,I want to deploy my flask application in Databricks Marketplace.How can I do it?Can you please share the details

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
MathewSa
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lab for Common Applications with Large Language Models

I'm doing a self paced course on Generative AI Engineering with Data and the first lab for common application with LLMs have assignments to complete. Is this lab doable in community edition of databricks ? Should i do a upgrade or is there any other ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
bkfactpanda
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @MathewSa ,if you take the self paced course of databricks generative AI engineering course that i available at Databricks Academy website , you can run some of the LLM notebooks on databricks community edition with  Databricks runtime(s): 13.3.x-...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
pavansharma36
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Job fails on cluster with runtime version 14.3 with library installation failure error

Library installation failed for library due to user error for jar: \"dbfs:////<<PATH>>/jackson-annotations-2.16.1.jar\"\n Error messages:\nLibrary installation attempted on the driver node of cluster <<clusterId>> and failed. Please refer to the foll...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Edouard_JH
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @pavansharma36, Actually, you cannot install the same version a jar/package more than once. If for some reason, your existing package needs to be re-installed, remove it, restart your cluster and install it again.To have more context :Are you usin...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
nikhilprajapati
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data in dataframe is also getting deleted when we are trying to delete records from underlying table

Hi , We are trying to load data from a delta table to a dataframe(a copy of original table) . Initially delta table has count 911 . The dataframe in which the data is loaded also has the same count .Now,  we are deleting some records from the delta...

nikhilprajapati_1-1701930598953.png nikhilprajapati_2-1701930598960.png nikhilprajapati_3-1701930598967.png nikhilprajapati_4-1701930598974.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hkesharwani
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, There is a way to retain the copy of data frame, even if the data in underling table is manipulated but that's a memory expensive operation, be careful while using it.df1 = spark.createDataFrame(df.rdd.map(lambda x: x), schema=df.schema)Here we a...

• 0 kudos
PerformanceTest
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks to Jmteter connectivity issue

Hi All, we are conducting Databricks performance test with Apache Jmeter, after configuring JDBC config element getting below error Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory ([Databricks][JDBCDriver](700120) Host xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx.cloud.databricks.com c...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
MohsenJ
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

log signature and input data for Spark LinearRegression

I am looking for a way to log my `pyspark.ml.regression.LinearRegression` model with input and signature ata. The usual example that I found around are using sklearn and they can simply do  # Log the model with signature and input example signature =...

Community Discussions
mlflow
model_registray
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
javierbg
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hey, at my team we are faced with the same problem.Given that MLflow usage is part of the "Scalable Machine Learning with Apache Spark" course I got the impression that Spark ML models would work well with MLflow and Databricks model logging, but it'...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Lucifer
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

displaying unity catalog metadata and other information in sharePoint

Is there any connectors or api which we can use to display metadata information stored in Unity catalog to business users using SharePoint.

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Billycheng
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuotaExceeded

Hi, I am a newbie. Can someone please help me with the below? Details for the latest failure: Error: Error code: QuotaExceeded, error message: Operation could not be completed as it results in exceeding approved standardEDSv4Family Cores quota. Addit...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Elenorelen
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for the information

• 0 kudos
GeKo
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

column "storage_sub_directory" is now always NULL in system.information_schema.tables

Hello,I am running a job that depends on the information provided in column storage_sub_directory in system.information_schema.tables .... and it worked until 1-2 weeks ago.Now I discovered in the doc that this column is deprecated and always null , ...

Community Discussions
Unity Catalog
unitycatalog
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @GeKo ,     You can get it from the UC's List tables (GET /api/2.1/unity-catalog/tables) API for now. That API response's payload has the following field: "storage_location": "string"   In future, this should be supported by Databricks as storage ...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
cml
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

3rd Vancouver User Group - Tuesday May 28th 2024

Customers often ask: "What's the best cloud to use in conjunction with Databricks?"Well, did you know that Databricks is cloud-agnostic ? Choose any of the major three major hyperscalers to get started or even take a multi-cloud approach. Speaking o...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
leungi
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Install system libraries on the cluster

The `Library` option in cluster config allows installation of language-specific libraries - e.g., PyPi for Python, CRAN for R.Some of these libraries - e.g., `sf` - require system libraries - e.g., `libudunits2-dev`, `libgdal-dev`.How may one install...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
feiyun0112
Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

you can install in init scripthttps://docs.databricks.com/en/init-scripts/index.html 

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Billycheng
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Message when Creating Catalog

I am very new to DB. Can someone show me how to resolve the error below please? Assistant  The error message you're encountering indicates that when creating a catalog, you need to specify a managed storage location for it. This is a requirement in o...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
JacobKesinger
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Iterating over a pyspark.pandas.groupby.DataFrameGroupBy

I have a pyspark.pandas.frame.DataFrame object (that I called from `pandas_api` on a pyspark.sql.dataframe.DataFrame object).  I have a complicated transformation that I would like to apply to this data, and in particular I would like to apply it in ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
MichTalebzadeh
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

When working with a pyspark.pandas.frame.DataFrame object and needing to apply transformations to grouped data based on a specific column, you can utilize the groupby method followed by the apply function. This way allows you to group the data based ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
FilipezAR
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed to create new KafkaAdminClient

I want to create connections to kafka with spark.readStream using the following parameters: kafkaParams = { "kafka.sasl.jaas.config": f'org.apache.kafka.common.security.plain.PlainLoginModule required username="{kafkaUsername}" password="{kafkaPa...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
kazinahian
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Lowcode ETL in Databricks

Hello everyone,I work as a Business Intelligence practitioner, employing tools like Alteryx or various low-code solutions to construct ETL processes and develop data pipelines for my Dashboards and reports. Currently, I'm delving into Azure Databrick...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @kazinahian,  In the Azure ecosystem, you have a few options for building ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines, including low-code solutions. Let’s explore some relevant tools: Azure Data Factory: Purpose: Azure Data Factory is a clou...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!

Top Kudoed Authors

Latest from our Blog

Track DBU Usage with Unity Catalog System Tables

Databricks Unity Catalog (UC) hosts System Tables which contain the operational data of the account. There are tables to track audit logs, billing, lineage, and more.  In this article, we will see how...

842Views 1kudos