cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/FileStore/tables/flight_data.zip' The data and file exists in location mentioned above

Data_Engineer_3
New Contributor III

I am new to learning Spark and working on some practice; I have uploaded a zip file in DBFS /FileStore/tables directory and trying to run a python code to unzip the file; The python code is as: 

from zipfile import *

with ZipFile("/FileStore/tables/flight_data.zip", "r") as zipObj:

zipObj.extractall()

It throws an error:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/FileStore/tables/flight_data.zip'

When i check manually and also through the code dbutils.fs.ls("/FileStore/tables/") it returns

Out[13]: [ FileInfo(path='dbfs:/FileStore/tables/flight_data.zip', name='flight_data.zip', size=59082358)]

Can someone please review and advise; I am using community edition to run this on cluster with configuration:

Data Bricks Runtime Version 8.3 (includes Apache Spark 3.1.1, Scala 2.12)

17 REPLIES 17

I changed the Databricks runtime​ version in cluster and it worked in my case. Thank you @Kaniz Fatma​ 

Hi @Mahima Lalwani​ , That's awesome. Would you like to mark it as the best answer?

New Contributor II

What if changing the runtime is not an option? I'm experiencing a similar issue using the following:

%pip install -r /dbfs/path/to/file.txt

This worked for a while, but now I'm getting the Errno 2 mentioned above. I am still able to print the same file using dbutils.fs.head('dbfs:/path/to/file.txt')

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!