Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

vgupta
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

DLT | Cluster terminated by System-User | INTERNAL_ERROR: Communication lost with driver. Cluster 0312-140502-k9monrjc was not reachable for 120 seconds

Dear Community, Hope you are doing well.For the last couple of days I am seeing very strange issues with my DLT pipeline, So every 60-70 mins it is getting failed in continuous mode, with the ERROR; INTERNAL_ERROR: Communication lost with driver. Clu...

DLT_ERROR DLT_Cluster_events
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Reddy-24
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Hello @Debayan , I am facing same issue, while running Delta live table, This job is running in produtcuion, but it's not working in dev, i have tried to increae the worker nodes but no use. Can you please help on this. 

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
alonisser
by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Changing shuffle.partitions with spark.conf in a spark stream - isn't respected even after a checkpoint

Question about spark checkpoints and offsets in a running streamWhen the stream started I needed tons of partitions, so we've set it with spark.conf to 5000As expected offsets in the checkpoint contain this info and the job used this value. Then we'...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Leszek
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

@Jose Gonzalez​ thanks for that information! This is super useful. I was struggling why my streaming still using 200 partitions. This is quite a paint for me because changing checkpoint will insert all data from the source. Do you know where this can...

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
RohitKulkarni
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Databricks Libaries

Hello Team,I am trying to use the below libraries in data bricks .But they are not supporting.import com.microsoft.spark.sqlanalyticsfrom com.microsoft.spark.sqlanalytics.Constants import ConstantsPlease advise the correct Libraries nameRegardsRohit

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Rohit Kulkarni​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Akash Bhat​​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to oth...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Gilg
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

APPLY_CHANGES with json data

Hi Team,I am building a DLT pipeline and planning to use APPLY_CHANGES from Bronze to Silver. In the bronze table, a column has a json value. This value contains questions and answers as key, value pair and can change depending on list of questions h...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Gilg,  Question 1:APPLY_CHANGES in Delta Live Tables is designed to handle changes in the data. However, it does not inherently understand the structure of JSON data. It treats a JSON column as a single value and can detect changes in the JSON co...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
SaraCorralLou
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Error: The spark driver has stopped unexpectedly and is restarting. Your notebook will be automatically reattached.

What is the problem?I am getting this error every time I run a python notebook on my Repo in Databricks.BackgroundThe notebook where I am getting the error is a notebook that creates a dataframe and the last step is to write the dataframe to a Delta ...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Sara Corral​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers y...

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

User sessions automatically timeout after six hours of idle time. This is not configurable like @Kunal Gaurav​  mentioned. Please raise a feature request if you have a requirement to configure this.Now, in Azure you could configure AAD refresh token ...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
alexkit
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

ASP1.2 Error create database in Spark Programming with Databricks training

I'm on Demo and Lab in Dataframes section. I've imported the dbc into my company cluster and has run "%run ./Includes/Classroom-Setup" successfully. When i run the 1st sql command %sql CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS events USING parquet OPTIONS (path "/m...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
KDOCKX
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

I had the same issue and solved it like this:In the includes folder, there is a reset notebook, run the first command, this unmounts all mounted databases.Go back to the ASP 1.2 notebook and run the %run ./Includes/Classroom-Setup codeblock.Then run ...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
MonishKumar
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SFTP - JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail

When I tried to read the SFTP (CSV file) in Databricks I'm getting the below error"JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail"Code:var df = spark.read.options(Map("header"->"true","host"->"20.118.190.30","username"->"user","password"->"pass","fileForm...

Data Engineering
SFTP Spark SCALA Databricks CSV JSCH
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752239289
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@MonishKumar Could you provide the entire exception ?From the one line error message, I suspect this is due to the SSL cipher suites required by the SFTP server is not available on cluster. You can run below to get the cipher suites that sftp require...

• 0 kudos
FabriceDeseyn
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

merge breaking persistance of dataframe

Hi allIn the minimal example below you can see that executing a merge statement trigger recomputation of a persisted dataframe. How does this happen?   from delta.tables import DeltaTable table_name = "hive_metastore.default.test_table" # initializ...

FabriceDeseyn_1-1694011507567.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @FabriceDeseyn , The recomputation of the persisted dataframe occurs due to the nature of the merge operation in Delta Lake. When a merge operation is executed, it triggers a re-evaluation of the DataFrame, which includes re-computing any persiste...

• 0 kudos
Manjula_Ganesap
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Live Table Graph different with no change in Notebook code

I have a DLT code to create 40+ bronze tables. The tables are created on top of the latest parquet files for each of those tables. While executing the pipeline, sometimes I notice that the graph is different than the regular one i see. I do not under...

Manjula_Ganesap_0-1694001824330.png Manjula_Ganesap_1-1694001865082.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Manjula_Ganesap
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Kaniz  - Thank you for your response. There is no change in the table dependencies. The code to create the individual raw tables look like this: The input to this is always the same 40 tables with only the underlying parquet file changing. I cant un...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
samuraidjakk
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Concrete way of loading data from APIs into the Databricks sphere (Data Mesh)

We are in the process of implementing data mesh in our organization. When trying to help the different teams produce raw data, the absolute majority want to do this through their APIs. We tried an implementation where we did web-requests directly fro...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @samuraidjakk ,  - Databricks provides a REST API that allows for programmatically managing the platform- Optimized connectors are available for many data formats and cloud services- Auto Loader can efficiently process new data files as they arriv...

• 0 kudos
Julie285720
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL Merge condition

Hi guys  I have a question regarding this merge step and I am a new beginner for Databricks, trying to do some study in data warehousing, but couldn't figure it out by myself. need your help with it. Appreciate your help in advance. I got this questi...

Julie285720_0-1693869289599.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Julie285720, The merge operation in Databricks upserts data from a source table into a target table. In your case, the source table  people10mupdates and the target table is people10m. The merge operation works as follows:- It matches each recor...

• 0 kudos
RP2007
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

I would like to know why I am getting this error when I tried to earn badges for lakehouse fundamen

I would like to know why I am getting this error when I tried to earn badges for lakehouse fundamentals. I can't access the quiz page. Can you please help on this?Getting below error:-403FORBIDDENYou don't have permission to access this page2023-08-...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
APadmanabhan
  • 1 kudos

Hello Both, This link would be of help.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
guostong
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to set jobs permission with rest api

create job with cli, but can not set the permission with cli,have to use rest api to set permission:https://docs.databricks.com/api/workspace/permissions/setbelow is my command in windows to set permission:curl -X PUT https://my-workspace-url.azureda...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
guostong
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

thank you, the new permission list should be a whole list, not the new permission

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors