Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

andreas9898
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Getting error with spark-sftp, no such file

In a databricks cluster with Scala 2.1.1 I am trying to read a file into a spark data frame using the following code.val df = spark.read .format("com.springml.spark.sftp") .option("host", "*") .option("username", "*") .option("password", "*")...

• 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Andreas P​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 28 kudos

Resolved! Can we use Databricks or code in data bricks without learning Pyspark in depth which is used for ETL purpose and data engineering perspective.

Can we use Databricks or code in data bricks without learning Pyspark in depth which is used for ETL purpose and data engineering perspective. can someone throw some light on this. Currently learning Pyspark (basics of Pythion in handling the data) a...

• 8 replies
  • 28 kudos
Latest Reply
KVNARK
Honored Contributor II
  • 28 kudos

Thanks All for your valuable suggestions!

• 28 kudos
7 More Replies
alxsbn
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Terraform x Databricks error INVALID_STATE subscription disabled

Hello,I just bootstrap a new Databricks EC2 on an AWS account with Terraform. Priori dependencies seems OK on my side (network, root storage, credentials configuration). I'm referring mainly to this guide and of course pages related to each Databrick...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
VN11111
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! ERROR: Some streams terminated before this command could finish!

I have a databricks notebook which is to read stream from Azure Event Hub.My code does the following:1.Configure path for Eventhubs2.Read Streamdf_read_stream = (spark.readStream .format("eventhubs") .options(**conf)...

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
guru1
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

I am also facing same issue , using Cluster11.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.3.0, Scala 2.12) liberary : com.microsoft.azure:azure-eventhubs-spark_2.12:2.3.21Please help me for sameconf = {}conf["eventhubs.connectionString"] = "Endpoint=sb://xxxx.ser...

• 6 kudos
4 More Replies
huyd
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Optimizing a batch load process, reading with the JDBC driver

I am doing a batch load, using the JDBC driver from a database table. I am noticing in Sparkui, that there is both memory and disk spill, but only on one executor. I am also, noticing that when trying to use the JDBC parallel read, it seems to run sl...

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos
ckwan48
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Date schema issues with pyspark dataframe creation

I'm having some issues with creating a dataframe with a date column. Could I know what is wrong?from pyspark.sql import SparkSession from pyspark.sql.types import StructType from pyspark.sql.types import DateType, FloatType spark = SparkSession.bui...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
ckwan48
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​,I actually changed the date format to 'M/d/Y' and it didn't throw any errors. I found in my csv file that it had dates like '3/1/2022'. Could that be the issue? But some dates also were like '12/1/2022. So I'm kind of confused.

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
magnus778
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Error writing parquet to specific container in Azure Data Lake

I'm retrieving two files from container1, transforming them and merging before writing to a container2 within the same Storage Account in Azure. I'm mounting container1, unmouting and mounting countainer2 before writing. My code for writing the parqu...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Pat
Honored Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Magnus Asperud​ ,1 mounting container12 you should persist the data somewhere, creating df doesnt mean that you are reading data from container and have it accessible after unmounting. Make sure to store this merged data somewhere. Not sure if th...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
Constantino
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! cannot list all tokens with account admin

I'm trying to list all tokens (both user and service principal) for a given workspace; using an Account level admin I've tried both the CLI as well as the API endpoint to list tokens, however each time, only the admin's tokens are returned.I've confi...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Pat
Honored Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Great that I could help

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Thanapat_S
by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Can I change from default showing first 1,000 to return all records when query?

I have to query a data for showing in my dashboard.But it truncated the results and showing only first 1,000 rows.In the dashboard view, there is no option to re-execute with maximum result limits.I don't want to switch back to standard view and clic...

image image.png
  • 11 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Thanapat Sontayasara​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Srihasa Reddy Akepati​ and me, and I was checking back to see if our suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as...

• 6 kudos
10 More Replies
Saikrishna2
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Databricks SQL user has limitation with 10 queries ?

•Power BI is a publisher that uses AD group authentication to publish result sets. Since the publisher's credentials are maintained, the same user can access the data bricks database.•Number of the users are retrieving the data from the power bi or i...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
NSRBX
by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 19 kudos

Databricks-connect not available on Databricks Runtime > 10.4

Hello Databricks Team,Databricks-connect doesn't work on databricks runtime 11.3.Databricks recommends that we use dbx for Databricks Lab instead of databricks-connect. Databricks plans no new feature development for Databricks Connect at this time.D...

• 8 replies
  • 19 kudos
Latest Reply
xiangzhu
Contributor
  • 19 kudos

thx @Landan George​ do you have any ETA about the public preview ?

• 19 kudos
7 More Replies
AnubhavG
by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 29 kudos

Resolved! Are Python External UDFs supported in Databricks SQL warehouse?

I tried running a python UDF in the Databricks SQL warehouse but it did not run and gave the "Python UDF is not supported" error.Can i get a clear picture if the Python External UDFs are supported or not?

• 8 replies
  • 29 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 29 kudos

It's a private preview and It will be supported only in PRO SQL Warehouse and the Serverless SQL Warehouse

• 29 kudos
7 More Replies
mr_poola49
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Azure Databricks Jobs Connection Timeout (Read Failed)

Azure Databricks Jobs failed intermittently due to connection timeout (Read Failed) while executing a MS SQL stored procedure which is in Azure SQL database.My requirement is to process delta records(Get delta records using last refresh date) from Da...

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Databricks hiding error stack trace when plotting?

Hi,I have been working with data visualisations in Databricks the last week and came across a very peculiar behaviour where it seems like Databricks is actively suppressing errors to the user. An example:```import matplotlib.pyplot as pltx = [1, 2, 3...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
LandanG
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

It might be the DBR version. I ran that code on DBR 11.3 and I got the plot + error. Let me confirm if it's the DBR and get back to you here

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors