Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

apayne
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Python Databricks SQL Connector vs Databricks Connect?

Connecting several Databricks tables to a Plotly Dash application. Can't seem to find much documentation on the differences between SQL Connector and Connect. Currently using the Connect approach to read tables into pyspark dataframes, is one better ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Deiry
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why is the whole list not displayed in dbutil.widgets.multiselect?

I have been studying the Apache Spark in Databricks Academy and I don't understand why the whole list is nos displayed? Creation of widgets:dbutils.widgets.text("name", "Brickster", "Name") dbutils.widgets.multiselect("colors","orange", ["orange", "r...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Kash
by Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot install TA-LIB via cluster libraries

Hi there,I can't seem to find a way to install Ta-lib on a databricks server. I can manually install it in the notebook using the code below but if we detach the notebook then I have to install it again. Please let me know if you've found a fix for t...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kash
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi Vivian,Thanks for the note. I tried that and it shows the package was installed but when I try to import talib in the notebook it says no module names 'talib'Any thoughts on what might be happening?Thanks,K

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Kavin
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Issue converting the datasets into JSON

Im a newbie to Databricks, I need to convert the data sets into JSON. i tried bth FOR JSON AUTO AND FOR JSON PATH, However im getting an issue - [PARSE_SYNTAX_ERROR] Syntax error at or near 'json'line My Query works fine without FOR JSON AUTO AND FOR...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Kavin Natarajan​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be hel...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Bujji
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to resolve our of memory error?

Hi, I am working as azure support engineerI found this error while I am checking the pipeline failure, and showing below error"org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 72403.0 failed 4 times, most recent fail...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @mahesh bmk​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Pat Sienkiewicz​​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
natadhorcross
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Hi, we encountered a problem of timeout every (60 / 80 minutes ) on a long execution of copy json into parquet file in datalake Gen 2.

First, our process was triggered by the datafactory. First the connexion was set with token access, then with managed service identity.We prove the untimely time out was not due to the datafactory by running directly the notebook. Secondly, we tried ...

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Natacha D'hour​, Does this thread help resolve your question?

• 4 kudos
AmineHY
by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 9 kudos

Resolved! How to read JSON files embedded in a list of lists?

HelloI am trying to read this JSON file but didn't succeed  You can see the head of the file, JSON inside a list of lists. Any idea how to read this file?

image image image
  • 7 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
AmineHY
Contributor
  • 9 kudos

Here is my solution, I am sure it can be optimizedimport json  data=[] with open(path_to_json_file, 'r') as f:   data.extend(json.load(f))   df = spark.createDataFrame(data[0], schema=schema)

• 9 kudos
6 More Replies
Data_Engineer3
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! Getting error popup in databricks

when i migrated to new databricks workspace, I am getting error popup message continuously and also indentation what I changed it is getting changed to other value every with new login .

• 3 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 8 kudos

Hi @KARTHICK N​, Please contact your Databricks support representative.

• 8 kudos
2 More Replies
huy_le
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to Update openapi specs ?

I found a few errors/differences between https://docs.databricks.com/_static/api-refs/permissions-2.0-aws.yaml and the actual api. Where can we update this specs for everyone because engineers are using this specs to generate their clients

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
mickniz
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Dbx installation for local development on Vscode

Hi Folks,Since databricks is now asking to use DBX instead of databricks-connect ,We are trying to set up our local environment following the guide.dbx by Databricks Labs - Azure Databricks | Microsoft LearnHave create conf/deployment.yml and dbx/pro...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
mickniz
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

fixed this issue. but I am getting another issue while syncing local repo with Workspace in Databricks UI.When I run commanddbx sync repo -d workspace name --source.Command runs fine . I can see that dbfs but not under workspace in Databricks page.An...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
rishabh4312
by Contributor II
  • 18 replies
  • 56 kudos

Voucher code error

Hi,I received a voucher in Nov 2020 for 'Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 exam' with an expiry date on 10th Nov 2022. However I receive an error stating the promotion code has been used. I have never used the code. Please...

• 18 replies
  • 56 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 56 kudos

Hi @Rishabh Jain​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thank...

• 56 kudos
17 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 11 kudos

Explain about "Activate Gift Certificate" section in Databricks Community Rewards.

Hi every,Could some one explain about the Active Gift Certificate in  in Databricks Community Rewards. And how to use it?Thanks vere much 

• 1 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
Unforgiven
Valued Contributor III
  • 11 kudos

@Jensen Ackles​ give ur info i had try to this function does not working. I used cert id lakehouse input into box active gift certificate not help for claim 100points to rewards point in my account

• 11 kudos
B_Seibert
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos

Restore Delta table after adding columns.

At version 3 of our Delta Lake table we added a column. We later restored from version 11 back to version 10, which is now the most current version. But now when we run the table build from Azure Data Factory (ADF) on the full history of the data, we...

• 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
B_Seibert
New Contributor III
  • 9 kudos

ignoreDeletes works. But I recommend to other developers that you have a think aboout all of the schema change scenarios and solve this problem above as part of a complete solution to every schema change scenario, instead of dealing with it as a one...

• 9 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors