Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

guruv
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transactional approach to write to Azure ADLS gen2 storage

Hi, what is the recommended way to read data from delta table and write to ADLS gen2 storage in parquet format. In my case i use a notebook to read data do some processing and write it to storage and update delta table with detail of last written da...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can I convert parquet files to Delta?

I am already storing my data as parquet files and have registered them as a table in Databricks. If I want to convert the table to be a Delta table, do I have to do a full read of the data and rewrite it in the Delta format?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752244127
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

more details and programmatic options can be found in the Porting Guide.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
MoJaMa
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752244127
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Kinesis streams is the Kinesis streaming service. Select this!Kinesis Firehose reads data from a Kinesis stream and writes it e.g. to S3 or Redshift. or Splunk (more details here)

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is the differentiator between delta sharing and other cloud sharing platform

What is differentiator between delta sharing and other cloud sharing platform.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752244127
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Also, unlike other servers, Delta Sharing internally uses pre-signed URLs to S3, GCS, or ADSL, so data transfer from a client happens at the bandwidth of the underlying cloud object-store. This way the Delta Sharing server scales extremely well and d...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
MatthewLau
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logging Lifetime Plot_history_alive as a model

Hi Databricks Community, I have followed the CLV Databricks accelator (https://databricks.com/notebooks/CLV_Part_1_Customer_Lifetimes.html) to do an initial CLV analysis. Thank you for sharing this with the community. My question is that in the note...

0693f000007OoRXAA0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
NOOR_BASHASHAIK
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Read metadata through JDBC driver

Dear all, The Spark JDBC driver (SparkJDBC42.jar) is unable to capture certain information from the below table structure: 1. table level comment 2. the TBLPROPERTIES key-value pair information 3. PARTITION BY information However, it captures the co...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
vas610
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error loading h2o model in mlflow

I'm getting the following error when I'm trying to load a h2o model using mlflow for prediction Error: Error Job with key $03017f00000132d4ffffffff$_990da74b0db027b33cc49d1d90934149 failed with an exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

I ran this in Databricks and it worked with no issues. I suggest you make sure your wget path is correct, because the one you posted downloads HTML, not the raw csv. That may cause the problem. %sh wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlflow/mlflo...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
GabrieleMuciacc
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query table access control metadata from Databricks SQL

I'm trying to create a dashboard in Databricks SQL, parameterized by table name. We have a metadata table which contains the names of all the eligible tables, and we use it to populate a drop-down box for the dashboard. This is a simplified version ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
justinbuo53
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure Databricks, how to learn to use practically?

Not sure whether better do ask this in an Azure or Spark subject, but I thought I might get responses appropriate to our use cases here. We have Azure Databricks set up and working, and not had any problems following along the tutorials, but I don't...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
hasinketi48
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How is Databricks Spark different than Spark?

Hey guys, I am looking to create a real-time analytics application and I am pretty new to Data engineering. Any advice here would be appreciated. So I have been l appvalleyooking into spark streaming for my transformation process, so th tutuappe ove...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
lawregill92
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question About Access and Filter Data in Databricks

Hi guys, im new using databricks and i have a challenge in my new work. routerlogin I need to access to one the database (the database is on DBFS) result of some ETLS trough any service, can be ODBC or by some API. I need to connect there because I...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Use the Simba ODBC connector: https://docs.databricks.com/integrations/bi/jdbc-odbc-bi.html

• 0 kudos
Skier
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Multiple Clusters stuck in pending state during creation.

I have been trying to create a new cluster to use and multiple attempts have gotten stuck in pending: "Finding instances for new nodes, acquiring more instances if necessary" until they time out. Up to today I have had no problems creating clusters ...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

This is typically a cloud provider issue. You can file a support ticket if the issue persists.

• 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors