Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

hetadesai
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to download zip file from SFTP location and put that file into Azure Data Lake and unzip there ?

I have zip file on SFTP location. I want to copy that file from SFTP location and put it into Azure Data lake and want to unzip there using spark notebook. Please help me to solve this.

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @heta desai​ , Did our suggestions help you?

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Disney
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! We have hundreds of ETL process (Informatica) with a lot of logic pulling various data from applications into a relational db (Target DB). Can we use Delta Lake as the Target DB?

Hi DB Support,Can we use DB's Delta Lake as our Target DB? Here's our situation...We have hundreds of ETL jobs pulling from these Sources. (SAP, Siebel/Oracle, Cognos, Postgres) .Our ETL Process has all of the logic and our Target DB is an MPP syst...

• 1 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi yes you can the best is to create sql endpoint in premium workspace and just write to delta lake as to sql. This is community forum not support. You can contact databricks via https://databricks.com/company/contact or via AWS, Azure if you have su...

• 5 kudos
Bilal1
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid string or buffer length (0)

I've created a simple query reading all columns from a table. I've published the results on a dashboard, however I receive the following error. I cannot seem to find any info online on how to resolve this issueAny ideas?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Bilal1
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Resolved. I forgot to save the query.

• 0 kudos
DoD
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Why are R scripts inside of Databricks notebooks creating writeLines errors?

I recently posted this in Stack Overflow. I'm using R in Databricks. R Studio runs fine and executes from the Databricks cluster. I would like to transition from R Studio to notebooks. When I start the cluster, R seems to run fine from notebooks. ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

@Paul Evangelista​ - Thank you for letting us know. You did great!Would you be happy to mark your answer as best so that others can find your solution more easily?

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
wyzer
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Why database/table names are in lower case ?

Hello,When I run this code :CREATE DATABASE BackOfficeI see the database like this :backofficeWhy everything is in lower case ?Is it possible to configure Databricks in order to keep the real name ?Thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

It is managed by hive metastore as you can put it in different databases is saver this way as some database are Case Sensitive and some not (you can easily test it with standard WHERE syntax).Probably you could change it with some hive settings but i...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
BorislavBlagoev
by Valued Contributor III
  • 16 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Error in databricks-sql-connector

from databricks import sql hostname = '<name>.databricks.com' http_path = '/sql/1.0/endpoints/<endpoint_id>' access_token = '<personal_token>' connection = sql.connect(server_hostname=hostname, http_path=http_path, access_token=access_token) cu...

• 16 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
NiallEgan__Data
New Contributor III
  • 10 kudos

Hi @Borislav Blagoev​ ,Thanks very much for taking the time to collect these logs.The problem here (as indicated by the `IpAclValidation` message) is that IP allow listing (enabled for your workspace) will not allow arbitrary connections from Spark c...

• 10 kudos
15 More Replies
Olli
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Autoloader streams fail unable to locate checkpoint/metadata or metadata/rocksdb/SSTs/sst files after interruption from cluster termination

I have a pipeline with + 20 streams running based on autoloader. The pipeline crashed and after the crash I'm unable to start the streams and they fail with one of the following messages:1): The metadata file in the streaming source checkpoint direct...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Olli Tiihonen​  - Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of things.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
NextIT
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.nextitvision.com

Online IT Training: ERP/SAP Online Training | JAVA Online Training | C++Online Training | ORACLE Online Training | Online Python Training | Machine Learning Training. If you Need more Details and Information Regarding IT Online Training. Please Visi...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Robbie
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How can I avoid this 'java.sql.SQLException: Too many connections' error?

I'm having difficulty with a job (parent) that triggers multiple parallel runs of another job (child) in batches (e.g. 10 parallel runs per batch).Occasionally some of the parallel "child" jobs will crash a few minutes in-- either during or immediate...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

It is MariaDB JDBC error so probably database which you are trying to connect can not handle this amount of concurrent connections (alternatively if you are not connecting to MariaDB databse, MariaDB is used also for hive metastore in your case maria...

• 1 kudos
bchaubey
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Azure Databricks Certification

@Hubert Dudek​  what is the Certification name of Azure Databricks?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Bhagwan Chaubey​ ,There is Spark developer certification from Databricks - https://databricks.com/learn/training/home (and some higher levels as well)In Azure databricks is included in DP-100 and DP-203 certification (together with around 10 diff...

• 1 kudos
Ashish
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Cost of individual jobs running on a shared Databricks cluster

Hi All,I am working on a requirement where I need to calculate the cost of each spark job individually on a shared Azure/AWS Databricks cluster. There can be multiple jobs running on the cluster parallelly.Cost needs to be calculated after job comple...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Ashish Kardam​  (Customer)​ , Does @[werners] (Customer)​ 's or @Alex Ott​ 's replies answer your question?

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
daschl
by Contributor
  • 23 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.json.CreateJacksonParser on Databricks Cloud (but not on Spark Directly)

Hi,I'm working for Couchbase on the Couchbase Spark Connector and noticed something weird which I haven't been able to get to the bottom of so far.For query DataFrames we use the Datasource v2 API and we delegate the JSON parsing to the org.apache.sp...

• 23 replies
  • 13 kudos
Latest Reply
daschl
Contributor
  • 13 kudos

Since there hasn't been any progress on this for over a month, I applied a workaround and copied the classes into the connector source code so we don't have to rely on the databricks classloader. It seems to work in my testing and will be released wi...

• 13 kudos
22 More Replies
Nilave
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Solution for API hosted on Databricks

I'm using Azure Databricks Python notebooks. We are preparing a front end to display the Databricks tables via API to query the tables. Is there a solution from Databricks to host callable APIs for querying its table and sending it as response to fro...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Nilave
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

@Prabakar Ammeappin​  Thanks for the linkAlso was wondering for web page front end will it be more effective to query from SQL Database or from Azure Databricks tables. If from Azure SQL database, is there any efficient way to sync the tables from Az...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
JD2
by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Delta Table

Hello:I am new to databricks and need little help on Delta Table creation.I am having great difficulty to understand creating of delta table and they are:-Do I need to create S3 bucket for Delta Table? If YES then do I have to mount on the mountpoint...

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
mathan_pillai
Valued Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi Jay,I would suggest to start with creating managed delta table. please run a simple commandCREATE TABLE events(id long) USING DELTAThis will create a managed delta table called "events"Then perform %sql describe extended eventsThe above command ...

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
Autel
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! concurrent update to same hive or deltalake table

HI, I'm interested to know if multiple executors to append the same hive table using saveAsTable or insertInto sparksql. will that cause any data corruption? What configuration do I need to enable concurrent write to same hive table? what about the s...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Weide Zhang​ , Does @[werners] (Customer)​ 's reply answer your question?

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors