Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Trey
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Is it a good idea to use a managed delta table as a temporal table?

Hi all!I would like to use a managed delta table as a temporal table, meaning:to create a managed table in the middle of ETL processto drop the managed table right after the processThis way I can perform merge, insert, or delete oprations better than...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Kwangwon Yi​ , We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Werner Stinckens​ and @karthik p​, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be help...

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
ramankr48
by Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Raman Gupta​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
joselita
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 10 kudos

AnalysisException: is not a Delta table.

Hello, I changed the DBR from 7.2 to 10.4 and I receive the following error: AnalysisException: is not a Delta table. The table is create , using DELTA. so for sure is a Delta table, even though, I read that I read that from vers. 8 all tables are De...

STG_DATA_LOAD
  • 6 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 10 kudos

Hi @JOSELITA MOLTISANTI​, I wanted to share this S.O thread with you which is similar to the issue mentioned here by you. Please have a look and revert back if you were able to resolve your issue.

• 10 kudos
5 More Replies
gud4eve
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Why is Databricks on AWS cluster start time less than 5 mins and EMR cluster start time is 15 mins?

We are migrating from AWS EMR to Databricks. One thing that we have noticed during the POCs is that Databricks cluster of same size and instance type takes much lesser time to start compared to EMR.My understanding is Databricks also would be request...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 5 kudos

@gud4eve​ what kind of cluster you are using, have you configured pools. if not as @Werner Stinckens​ said there might be chance Databricks worked hard to get provisioning of instances in faster way

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
mattjones
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hi all - Matt Jones here, I’m on the Data Streaming team at Databricks and wanted to share a few takeaways from last week’s Current 2022 data streamin...

Hi all - Matt Jones here, I’m on the Data Streaming team at Databricks and wanted to share a few takeaways from last week’s Current 2022 data streaming event (formerly Kafka Summit) in Austin.By far the most common question we got at the booth was ho...

Current 2022 Banner Image
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Ross
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed R install package of survminer in Databricks 10.4 LTS

I am trying to install the survminer package but I get a non-zero exit status. It may be due to the jpeg package which is a pre-requisite but this also fails when installing independently.install.packages("survminer", repos = "https://cran.microsoft....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@Ross Hamilton​ - Please follow the below steps in the given orderRun the below init script in an isolated notebook and add the init script to the issue cluster > Advanced options > Init Scripts%python dbutils.fs.put("/tmp/test/init_script.sh",""" #...

• 0 kudos
Dave_Nithio
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Data Engineering with Databricks Module 6.3L Error: Autoload CSV

I am currently taking the Data Engineering with Databricks course and have run into an error. I have also attempted this with my own data and had a similar error. In the lab, we are using autoloader to read a spark stream of csv files saved in the DB...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

As a small aside, you don't need the third argument in the structfields

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Sudd
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Permanent UDF in Databricks using Python Wheel

I have a simple Python Program, which takes a Integer as a input and gives a string as a output.I have created the wheel file for this Python code.Then I have uploaded it in the Wheel section of Databricks cluster.After this I want to create a perma...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

First, you will need to onboard the unity catalog and sign for Python UDF preview https://www.databricks.com/blog/2022/07/22/power-to-the-sql-people-introducing-python-udfs-in-databricks-sql.htmlBut I doubt it will be possible to use a wheel (but who...

• 1 kudos
kfoster
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Azure DevOps Repo - Invalid Git Credentials

I have a Repo in Databricks connected to Azure DevOps Repositories.The repo has been working fine for almost a month, until last week. Now when I try to open the Git settings in Databricks, I am getting "Invalid Git Credentials". Nothing has change...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
kfoster
Contributor
  • 5 kudos

@Vidula Khanna​ , yes, we are still having the issue. It is not resolved yet.

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
Sascha
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Unable to connect to Confluent from Databricks

I'm facing the same issue as this post: https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D58Y00009DE82zSAD/databricks-kafka-read-not-connectingIn my case I'm connecting to Confluent Cloud. I'm able to ping the bootstrap server, I'm able to netstat succes...

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Sascha
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Debayan Mukherjee​ , no I haven't.But with the help of Confluent I changed the statement to the below, and somehow this solved it.inputDF = (spark .readStream .format("kafka") .option("kafka.bootstrap.servers", host) .option("kafka.ssl.en...

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
db-avengers2rul
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! unable to replace null with 0 in dataframe using Pyspark databricks notebook (community edition)

Hello Experts,I am unable to replace nulls with 0 in a dataframe ,please refer to the screen shotfrom pyspark.sql.functions import col emp_csv_df = emp_csv_df.na.fill(0).withColumn("Total_Sal",col('sal')+col('comm')) display(emp_csv_df)erorr desired ...

unable to fill nulls with 0 in dataframe using PySpark in databricks Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 20.26.23
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Rakesh Reddy Gopidi​ â€‹, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Hubert Dudek​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to othe...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Liza
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Work that involves Shift work, difficulties with sleep, and varying circumstances It is possible that this Modalert guide may not cover all of the pos...

Work that involves Shift work, difficulties with sleep, and varying circumstances It is possible that this Modalert guide may not cover all of the possible applications for Modalert 200.Modafinil is included in the formulation known as Modalert 200 T...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Stita
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How do we pass the row tags dynamically while reading a XML file into a dataframe?

I have a set of xml files where the row tags change dynamically. How can we achieve this scenario in databricks.df1=spark.read.format('xml').option('rootTag','XRoot').option('rowTag','PL1PLLL').load("dbfs:/FileStore/tables/ins/")We need to pass a val...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

If it is dynamically for the whole file, you can just use variabletag = 'PL1PLLL' df1=spark.read.format('xml').option('rootTag','XRoot').option('rowTag' ,tag).load("dbfs:/FileStore/tables/ins/file.xml")

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Taha_Hussain
by Valued Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 8 kudos

Register for Databricks Office HoursOctober 12: 8:00 - 9:00 AM PT | 3:00 - 4:00 PM GMTOctober 26: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PT | 6:00 - 7:00 PM GMT Databric...

Register for Databricks Office HoursOctober 12: 8:00 - 9:00 AM PT | 3:00 - 4:00 PM GMTOctober 26: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PT | 6:00 - 7:00 PM GMTDatabricks Office Hours connects you directly with experts to answer all your Databricks questions.Join us to...

• 3 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Taha_Hussain
Valued Contributor II
  • 8 kudos

Here are some of the Questions and Answers from the 10/12 Office Hours (note: certain questions and answers have been condensed for reposting purposes):Q: What is the best approach for moving data from on-prem S3 storage into cloud blob storage into ...

• 8 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors