Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Mado
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Difference between "spark.table" & "spark.read.table"?

Hi,I want to make a PySpark DataFrame from a Table. I would like to ask about the difference of the following commands:spark.read.table(TableName)&spark.table(TableName)Both return PySpark DataFrame and look similar. Thanks.

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Mado
Valued Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ I selected answer from @Kedar Deshpande​ as the best answer.

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Faced error using Databricks SQL Connector

I installed databricks-sql-connector in Pycharm.Then i run the query below based on docs.I refer this docs.(https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/python-sql-connector.html)==========================================from databricks import sqlimport osw...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

It seems that one of your environment variables is incorrect. Please print them and compare them with the connection settings from the cluster or SQL warehouse endpoint.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Tahseen0354
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How do I track databricks cluster users ?

Hi, is there a way to find out/monitor which users has used my cluster, how long and how many times in an azure databricks workspace ?

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Hello, You can activate Audit logs ( More specifically Cluster logs) https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/administration-guide/account-settings/azure-diagnostic-logs It can be very helpful to track all the metrics.

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
ramankr48
by Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! how to find the size of a table in python or sql?

let's suppose there is a database db, inside that so many tables are there and , i want to get the size of tables . how to get in either sql, python, pyspark.even if i have to get one by one it's fine.

• 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

@Raman Gupta​ - could you please try the below %python spark.sql("describe detail delta-table-name").select("sizeInBytes").collect()

• 8 kudos
5 More Replies
User16835756816
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

How can I simplify my data ingestion by processing the data as it arrives in cloud storage?

This post will help you simplify your data ingestion by utilizing Auto Loader, Delta Optimized Writes, Delta Write Jobs, and Delta Live Tables. Pre-Req: You are using JSON data and Delta Writes commandsStep 1: Simplify ingestion with Auto Loader Delt...

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

This post will help you simplify your data ingestion by utilizing Auto Loader, Delta Optimized Writes, Delta Write Jobs, and Delta Live Tables.Pre-Req: You are using JSON data and Delta Writes commandsStep 1: Simplify ingestion with Auto Loader Delta...

• 6 kudos
ricperelli
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How can i save a parquet file using pandas with a data factory orchestrated notebook?

Hi guys,this is my first question, feel free to correct me if i'm doing something wrong.Anyway, i'm facing a really strange problem, i have a notebook in which i'm performing some pandas analysis, after that i save the resulting dataframe in a parque...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
venkad
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Default location for Schema/Database in Unity

Hello Bricksters,We organize the delta lake in multiple storage accounts. One storage account per data domain and one container per database. This helps us to isolate the resources and cost on the business domain level.Earlier, when a schema/database...

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos
vizoso
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Cluster list in Microsoft.Azure.Databricks.Client fails because ClusterSource enum does not include MODELS. When you have a model serving cluster, Clu...

Cluster list in Microsoft.Azure.Databricks.Client fails because ClusterSource enum does not include MODELS.When you have a model serving cluster, ClustersApiClient.List method fails to deserialize the API response because that cluster has MODELS as C...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @José Fernández Vizoso​, May I know are you facing any issue here or do you want to share some sort of information through this post?

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
parulpaul
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

AnalysisException: Multiple sources found for bigquery (com.google.cloud.spark.bigquery.BigQueryRelationProvider, com.google.cloud.spark.bigquery.v2.BigQueryTableProvider), please specify the fully qualified class name.

While reading data from BigQuery to Databricks getting the error : AnalysisException: Multiple sources found for bigquery (com.google.cloud.spark.bigquery.BigQueryRelationProvider, com.google.cloud.spark.bigquery.v2.BigQueryTableProvider), please spe...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Parul Paul​ â€‹, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. ...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
saurabh12521
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Unity through terraform

I am working on automation of Unity through terraform. I have referred below link link to get started :https://registry.terraform.io/providers/databricks/databricks/latest/docs/guides/unity-catalog-azureI am facing issue when I create metastore using...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Pat
Honored Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Not sure if you got this working, but I noticed you are using provider: `databrickslabs/databricks`, hence why this is not avaialable. You should be using new provider: `databricks/databricks`: https://registry.terraform.io/providers/databricks/datab...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
DataBricks_2022
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to get started with Auto Loader using partner academy portal? Are there any videos and step by step material

Need Video and step by step documentation on Auto Loader as well as how to build end-to-end data pipeline

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @raja iqbal​​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @karthik p​.Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
cvantassel
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos

Is there any way to propagate errors from dbutils?

I have a master notebook that runs a few different notebooks on a schedule using the dbutils.notebook.run() function. Occasionally, these child notebooks will fail (due to API connections or whatever). My issue is, when I attempt to catch the errors ...

• 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
wdphilli
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

I have the same issue. I see no reason that Databricks couldn't propagate the internal exception back through their WorkflowException

• 6 kudos
6 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Bug in db.fs.utils

When using db.fs.utils on a s3 bucket titled "${sometext}.${sometext}.${somenumber}${sometext}-${sometext}-${sometext}" we receive an error. PLEASE understand this is an issue with how it encodes the .${somenumber} because we verified with boto3 that...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

@Debayan Mukherjee​ All the information is there please read accurately. I am not going to give you the actual bucket name I am using on a public forum. As i said above here is the command:dbutils.fs.ls("s3a://${bucket_name_here_follow_above_format}"...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
Trey
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Is it a good idea to use a managed delta table as a temporal table?

Hi all!I would like to use a managed delta table as a temporal table, meaning:to create a managed table in the middle of ETL processto drop the managed table right after the processThis way I can perform merge, insert, or delete oprations better than...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Kwangwon Yi​ , We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Werner Stinckens​ and @karthik p​, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be help...

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
ramankr48
by Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Raman Gupta​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors