Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Mac3
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Data Engineering

What is a common problem you face when ingesting data in hot storage?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Seb
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Finding the best partitioning strategy and also cost issue if you ingest huge amount of data

• 1 kudos
DebanjanB
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autloader processing semantics

Queue based Autoloader processes files in the order they are received only when the job is up and running. However when the job is down, the files that queue up are processed in lexical order once the job is up. Since autoloader jobs need to be stopp...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
whleeman
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Databricks get cached result for a subquery?

If I run a query as "SELECT fare_amount FROM nyctaxi.trips where fare_amount > 1.5".  The query results will be cached for 24 hours.I then compose a second query using the previous query as a subquery "SELECT * FROM nyctaxi.trips WHERE fare_amount IN...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Tidaldata
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loveing Databricks Summit

Loving the summit so far, awesome keynote speakers, great trainers and paid courses. Finished certification #databrickslearning

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
JohanBringsdal
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating old solution to new optimal delta lake setup

Hi Databricks community!I have previsouly worked on a project that easily could be optimized with Databricks. It is currently running on Azure Synapse, but the premise is the same.Ill describe the scenario here:1. Data owners send a constant flow of ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
christo_M
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data Governance

How can I propagate a deletion to all tables where a customer requests to be removed from the database as part of the GDPR compliance ?  

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Datajoe
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

We use a python script that enables and removes access to tables based on role-group, but can be user as well. Also have a script that removes all access- can be executes in seconds.

• 0 kudos
matmat13
by New Contributor II
  • 20 replies
  • 11 kudos

Resolved! Lakehouse Fundamentals Certificate/Badge not appearing

Hello! I just passed the Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation and I haven't received any badge or certificate for it. I understand that I need to go to credentials.databricks.com but it is not there. How long before it appears? Need help

• 20 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
andy25
New Contributor II
  • 11 kudos

Hello can you help me, I have the same problem. I don't have the certificate available on credentials.databricks.com.

• 11 kudos
19 More Replies
teja_7
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DataSummit 2023

Happy to be part of the data summit 2023. Wondering if DBSQL is enabled for DLT tables

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Bollam
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Utility catalog and data governance

Attended the Data and AI Summit 2023 and gained insights into the utility catalog and services that it has to offer, definitely  going to try the data governance as it's a game changer. 

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Ankith
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Converting column of XML strings to column of Jsons

Hi,I want to convert column of XML strings to column of Json in PySpark., using withcolumn and xmltodict method as UDF, is giving Json with '=' instead of ':' in the dictionary. Please let me know if there is any alternative for this.

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
DessertKid
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

To convert a column of XML strings to a column of JSON in PySpark, you can use the `from_json` function along with the `xmltodict` library. However, instead of using a UDF with `withColumn`, you can use the `select` function to transform the column.

• 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors