cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Autoloader works on compute cluster, but does not work within a task in workflows

I feel like I am going crazy with this. I have tested a data pipeline on my standard compute cluster. I am loading new files as batch from a Google Cloud Storage bucket. Autoloader works exactly as expected from my notebook on my compute cluster. The...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

I found the issue. I describe the solution in the following SO post. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76287095/databricks-autoloader-works-on-compute-cluster-but-does-not-work-within-a-task/76313794#76313794

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
g96g
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Function in databricks

Im having a hard time to convert below function from SSMS to databricks function. Any help would be appreciated! CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[MaxOf5Values] (@D1 [int],@D2 [int],@D3 [int],@D4 [int],@D5 [int]) RETURNS int AS BEGIN DECLARE @Result int   ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Givi Salu​ ,​Please refer to this link that will help you convert this function.

• 0 kudos
HappySK
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execute COPY INTO query with source as temp view

We are having the files that needs to be loaded into the delta tableNow we want to perform some transformation on the files and load that into the tableWhat we didCreate a Spark DF from that fileApply transformation on the DFCreate a temp view from t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sravan Kumar Mohanraj​ ,Yes, you can use copy query in this case your temp_view will be source.For more info, please visit these links.

• 0 kudos
Ismail1
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! API Authentication

I am trying to run some API calls to the account console. I tried with every syntax possible encoded and decoded to get the call successfully but it returns a "user not authenticated" error. But when I tried with the Account admin it worked. I need t...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Ismail1
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi Venkat, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Sujitha
by Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

�� Welcome to Chennai User Group Community! �� We are thrilled to have you join our vibrant and enthusiastic community of users! Whether...

Welcome to Chennai User Group Community! We are thrilled to have you join our vibrant and enthusiastic community of users! Whether you are a seasoned expert or a newcomer, this group is the perfect place for you to connect, learn, and grow alongside...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
swatish0395
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! how to create a scala jar using db notebook and save it in a file path inside databricks

I have scala function as below, i am unable to understand how to write a scala jar with the same, please find below code i have used Enforcing Column-Level Encryption - Databrick %scala import com.macasaet.fernet.{Key, StringValidator, Token}import o...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
swatish0395
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

I had to finally create the jar using teh intellij and sbt iconfiguration on the same env. and then installed the jar in the cluster it worked

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Bhawna_bedi
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
merca
Valued Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

If you are streaming to delta, not much, the micro batch will fail and in next time the stream will pick up from last successful write (due to ACID). I don't know about other formats, what happens if the stream is aborted in mid micro batch.

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
Prashant777
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot perform Merge as multiple source rows matched and attempted to modify the same

My Code:-- CREATE OR REPLACE TEMPORARY VIEW preprocessed_source ASSELECT  Key_ID,  Distributor_ID,  Customer_ID,  Customer_Name,  ChannelFROM integr_masterdata.Customer_Master;-- Step 2: Perform the merge operation using the preprocessed source table...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Prashant Joshi​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us s...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
THIAM_HUATTAN
by Valued Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Delta Lake’s CDF Feature

https://www.databricks.com/notebooks/delta-lake-cdf.htmlI am trying to understand the above article. Could someone explain to be the below questions?a) From SELECT * FROM table_changes('gold_consensus_eps', 2)why is consensus_eps values of 2.1 and 2....

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @THIAM HUAT TAN​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answer...

• 6 kudos
5 More Replies
CoopCoop
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to change the sender on an Alert?

Hi there, is it possible to change the sender of an Alert to appear as a company email (abcd@companyname.com) instead of Databricks and the noreply@databricks.com?We're in the process of rebuilding some alerts in Databricks as we're transitioning fro...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Cooper Chung​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers ...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
zeta_load
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Z-orderiing df using python

Is there a way to perform Z-ordering using python? With sql you you should be able to use:%sql OPTIMIZE df ZORDER BY (column)however I get the error "Table or view 'df' not found in database 'default''" and since I'm not really using sql, I would lik...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Lukas Goldschmied​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best ans...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Prachi_Sankhala
by New Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! What are the advantages of using Delta Live tables (DLT) over Data Build Tool (dbt) in Databricks?

Please explain with some use cases which show the difference between DLT and dbt.

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Prachi Sankhala​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answe...

• 1 kudos
6 More Replies
uchombo
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Alerts Notification Fail

Hi,I set up an alert and apparently it worked because status changes according to the Trigger condition. However I don't received any notification on my email, or Teams channel. Any idea what is happening?Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @uriel chombo​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
MichelSmits
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Connection to on-prem database occasionally goes to the wrong server

We run a dbx job that uses a jdbc connection to three (SQL Server) on-prem databases. Very occasionally a connection will go to the wrong server.In the job log we see the error "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user '...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Michel Smits​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers ...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What is the best practice for managing different environments (Staging vs Production) on Databricks?

Should we create separate workspaces for Dev/Test/Prod ? Or should we have 1 workspace and create separate folders for Dev/Test/Prod?

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Srikanth_Gupta_
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

as per my previous experience, its always good to have different workspaces for different envs, its easy to maintain and helps better with CICD pipeline as well, because lot of organizations provide deployment access to Developers in Dev env but not ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors