• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

You can ensure there is always an active run of your Databricks job with the new continuous trigger type. https://docs.databricks.com/workflows/jobs/jobs.html#continuous-jobs

• 1 kudos
tw1
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Can't write / overwrite delta table with error: oxxxx.saveAsTable. (Driver Error: OutOfMemory)

Current Cluster Config:Standard_DS3_v2 (14GB, 4 Cores) 2-6 workersStandard_DS3_v2 (14GB, 4Cores) for driverRuntime: 10.4x-scala2.12We want to overwrite a temporary delta table with new records. The records will be load by another delta table and tran...

image image
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
tw1
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi,thank you for your help!We tested the configuration settings and it runs without any errors.Could you give us some more information, where we can find some documentation about such settings. We searched hours to fix our problem. So we contacted th...

• 3 kudos
8 More Replies
Lulka
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How limit input rate reading delta table as stream?

Hello to everyone!I am trying to read delta table as a streaming source using spark. But my microbatches are disbalanced - one very small and the other are very huge. How I can limit this? I used different configurations with maxBytesPerTrigger and m...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Yuliya Valava​, If you are setting the maxBytesPerTrigger and maxFilesPerTrigger options when reading a Delta table as a stream, but the batch size is not changing, there could be a few reasons for this:The input data rate is not exceeding the li...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 22 replies
  • 15 kudos

How to enable/verify cloud fetch from PowerBI

I tried to benchmark the Powerbi Databricks connector vs the powerbi Delta Lake reader on a dataset of 2.15million rows. I found that the delta lake reader used 20 seconds, while importing through the SQL compute endpoint took ~75 seconds. When I loo...

query_statistics query_profile_tree_view
  • 22 replies
  • 15 kudos
Latest Reply
pulkitm
New Contributor III
  • 15 kudos

Guys, is there any way to switch off CloudFetch and fall back to ArrowResultSet by default irrespective of size? using the latest version of Spark Simba ODBC driver?

• 15 kudos
21 More Replies
RyanHager
by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Are there any plans to add functions on the partition by fields of a delta table definition such as day() ? A similar capability exists in iceberg.

Benefit: This will help simplify the where clauses of the consumers of the tables? Just query on the main date field if I need all the data for a day. Not an extra day field we had to make.

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Ryan Hager​ â€‹ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

• 2 kudos
5 More Replies
akihiko
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Attach notebook to cluster via REST API

Is it possible to attach a notebook to cluster and run it via the REST API?The closest approach I have found is to run a notebook, export the results (HTML!) and import it into the workspace again, but this does not allow us to retain the original ex...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Akihiko Nagata​ , have you checked the jobs API? You can run a job on the existing cluster that can use the notebook of concern. I believe this is the only way.https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/jobs.html#operation/JobsRunsSubmit

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
hare
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Implementation of Late arriving dimension in databricks

Hi Team, Can you please suggest to me how to implement the late arriving dimension or early arriving fact with examples or any sample script for reference? I have to implement the same using pyspark.Thanks.

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Hare Krishnan​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
none_ranjeet
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Passed the Fundamentals of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform Accreditation, but no badge recieved. Tried "https://v2.accounts.accredible.com/retrieve-credentials?" showing no badge.

Passed the Fundamentals of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform Accreditation, but no badge recieved. Tried "https://v2.accounts.accredible.com/retrieve-credentials?" showing no badge. 

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Chaitanya_Raju
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Ranjeet Ahlawat​ ,Congratulations on the certification. For any certification you take in the databricks you will be receiving the certificate and the badge in 24-48 hours and sometimes in lesser time as well. All the best for your future certifi...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
asami34
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot reset password, no support

I cannot log in to my Databricks community account. I have already tried to receive support and no real support has been given. I attempt to reset my password, the link gets sent, but once I enter the new password it gets stuck permanently loading. I...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ahmet Korkmaz​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
sujai_sparks
by New Contributor III
  • 14 replies
  • 15 kudos

Resolved! How to convert records in Azure Databricks delta table to a nested JSON structure?

Let's say I have a delta table in Azure databricks that stores the staff details (denormalized).  I wanted to export the data in the JSON format and save it as a single file on a storage location. I need help with the databricks sql query to group/co...

2023-02-24 22_08_34-MyTest - Databricks
  • 14 replies
  • 15 kudos
Latest Reply
NateAnth
Valued Contributor
  • 15 kudos

Glad it worked for you!!

• 15 kudos
13 More Replies
Shanthala
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Where is the learning material to get Fundamentals of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform Accreditation?

Please provide me some information about how to get the martial to pass Fundamentals of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform Accreditation?

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Shanthala Baleer​,Just a friendly follow-up. Are you still looking for help? adding @Vidula Khanna​ for visibility

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
DavidMayer-Foul
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to restart snowflake connector?

After using spark.read.format("snowflake").options(**options).option("dbtable", "table_name").load() to read a table from Snowflake, when I then change the table from Snowflake and read it again, it gives me the first version of the table. I have wor...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
DavidMayer-Foul
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Yes, that would work. However, it is a longish Snowflake query producing a number of tables that are all called by the Databricks notebook, so it requires quite a few changes. I'll use this alternative if I automate the process. However, I think this...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
EmilioGC
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Why was SQL formatting removed inside spark.sql functions? Now it looks like a plain string.

Previously we were able to see SQL queries inside spark.sql() like this:But now it just looks like a plain string: I know it's not a big issue, but it's still annoying to have to code in SQL while having it all be blue, it makes debugging more cumber...

old format new format
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Emilio Garza​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Kash
by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a spot only single-node job compute cluster policy

Hi there,I need some help creating a new cluster policy that utilizes a single spot-instnace server to complete a job. I want to set this up as a job-compute to reduce costs and also utilize 1 spot instance.The jobs I need to ETL are very short and c...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Avkash Kana​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
databicky
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to optimize the runtime in 10.4 cluster

i am loading the 1billion data from spark dataframe into target table, but in the 7.3 cluster it takes 3 hours to complete but after migrated to 10.4 cluster its taking 8 hours to complete , how can i reduce the time duration​

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Mohammed sadamusean​,Could you provide more details on what are you doing? What type of transformations/actions are you doing? whats your source and sink? batch or streaming? all that information will help.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors